6.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

New to adwords but nothing is selling

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do I need to set up Google Shopping before an item will sell?  Why pay for adwords when absolutly

sells? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Comelia J
September 2015

Re: New to adwords but nothing is selling

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Comelia,

Welcome to the community. Google AdWords is an ideal way to market and sell your products. However, you need to have a good combination of ad copy, landing page and keywords to reach out to a right audience. Hence, it is advisable to create a campaign that simulates your customers' requirements. I will suggest you go through these key elements once again to cross check them. If necessary, make suitable changes to the same. And do remember that: Please do not be in a hurry with your ad campaigns. Let's wait for some time to take any decisions in this regard.

I hope this helps.
Kapil M

View solution in original post

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

You can use Google Shopping but it's not required.

As for why "nothing is selling" right now, we'd really need a lot more information before we could help you troubleshoot your campaign.

Are you advertising on the search network or display? Are you ads getting shown (impressions)?  Are your ads driving traffic to your website (clcks)?  What is your campaign's overall click-through rate (CTR)?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Comelia J
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Comelia,

Welcome to the community. Google AdWords is an ideal way to market and sell your products. However, you need to have a good combination of ad copy, landing page and keywords to reach out to a right audience. Hence, it is advisable to create a campaign that simulates your customers' requirements. I will suggest you go through these key elements once again to cross check them. If necessary, make suitable changes to the same. And do remember that: Please do not be in a hurry with your ad campaigns. Let's wait for some time to take any decisions in this regard.

I hope this helps.
Kapil M

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry to be so tardy with a reply. Yes I am using the search network with a target audience of 40 miles in the Bay Area. I get lots of impressions but only 167 clicks the first month and not one sell. Meanwhile, the online guys are delivering with a bang, so it's not my product.
I am now going to social media to drive traffic and some others who guarantee Google shopping links free. So why pay the higher priced Ads? Notice, I am not new to this.
I started with Homestead over 11 years ago and am just getting back into it. I do my own work and just hate to pay for something that is not delivering anything. Thanks for allowing me to vent. I've been up all night.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The best thing you said was to caution patience. That's always been a hard one for me.

Thanks,

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
When you say "the online guys are delivering with a bang, so it's not my product" do you mean you are getting organic traffic and your product sells? Or do you mean other people sell your product so you know the product can sell?

Adwords is a platform in which if you understand the principles, have a product with a really good margin, have a great conversion page, and target the correct users can be vary successful.

However, many people don't understand the nuances of the platform, and target ineffectively, and receive clicks from none qualified visitors because there configurations and setups as well as negative keyword lists, actual ads and landing pages are below par.

In the same respect, not every product is a good fit for adwords. If your product is a one off sale with a profit margin of say $5.00 and your competition has a similar product with a much higher profit margin and experience they will beat you 8-10 times.

If you are successful with Organic sales, fantastic make the most ROI as possible.

If you need a boost in sales or have a unique Selling proposition, a converting landing page, great ad copy and understanding of how to target and how to eliminate waste and non qualified visitors correctly from the data in both analytics and adwords, then Adwords can be the lowest cost per customer acquisition and best ROI resource available. But you have to know what you are doing and have a product that can lead to an ROI.

With your 167 clicks did you identify the Match Search Queries you were getting, the exact terms that were targeting your Ads? Were they qualified? What is the conversion rate of your product from Search?

Best of luck.