Guide Me
star_border

New feature ? How to delete AdWords Sitelinks

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I discovered yesterday that a new option appears as I hoover near a sitelink in the selection panel ( left side), the word Delete appears in blue like this , allowing to completely remove a created sitelink :

new-feature-delete-sitelinks.png

On clicking delete there is a warning that the action is permanent without undo.

I checked in the Change history and the action of deleting the sitelink was not listed .

warning-deleting-sitelink.png

I remember that this feature was requested a couple of times in the forum. I don't remember seeing this feature announced anywhere.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New feature ? How to delete AdWords Sitelinks

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Thanks for highlighting, Adrian.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
That's nice. Thanks for sharing this finding.

I can now clean my Sitelinks by deleting them instead of re-editing the mistakenly created one like before.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Since I encountered an account with a couple of hundred sitelinks, some of which had the same "Link text" but different "Link URL" directing people to subdomains advertising different locations, I realised that there is something missing in the Sitelinks listing.

The list of sitelinks does not have a number asigned so I cannot tell which is which if they have almost the same text, unless i search the "Link text" with CTRL+F in page and open each one until I encounter the right "Link URL" to asign it to the ad group.

Google people, please insert a column "Sitelink order number" in that list.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I can relate to your case. Created sitelinks can't be arranged according to your preference. I remember creating 20 sitelinks. Choosing from the 20 sitelinks i created is a pain, as i need to check it one-by-one (e.g. i need the 8th sitelink, then hopping on 16th sitelink, then choosing the 8th, It's rumbled).

I suggest they further improve it by adding arrange & group feature, something that it will make look organized...

Thanks!