AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

New expanded text ads - Changing Ad Text Copy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all, 

I want to shift the domain URL (Final URL) to the last in my ad text copy (PFA screenshot) 

How do i accomplish that ? 

Should I write it in Heading 2 ?? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anubhav,

We can not see any attachment here.

Though if you want to show the domain url in the headline along with the 2 headlines of ETA then you need to limit the characters.

Use 20-25 max characters in both the headlines then your domain url may appear along with the headline.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: New expanded text ads - Changing Ad Text Copy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Actually

I don't want to show the URL in the Ad headline...
How do I ensure that ?

Regards,

PS : There is some problem with uploading the image.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Anubhav N

I've had some ads in the Standard Text Ad format show the URL next to the headline if the headline was particularly short. If that is what you're referring to, and you don't want it to show - the way around this is to use a mega headline by adding a short sentence as the first sentence of your description and using an exclamation point or period. This usually shifts the text up to the headline and doesn't leave room for the URL. 

If you're using the new Expanded Text Ad format and you don't want the URL in the headline, just write regular ad text for headline 1 and 2 (both are required). Your URL will always show in an ad, so there's no way around that, but you don't have to include it in your ad text. 

Allie 

Re: New expanded text ads - Changing Ad Text Copy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

biryaniblues_-_Google_Search.png

Here is a screen shot of the ad 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Use the new expanded ad format. Otherwise Google might show your URL in the headline and you have no say in the matter.

However, Google will only be doing that if it improves your CTR. So even though you don't like how it looks, it might be to your benefit.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

As mentioned by RobSkelton, Google may show the domain url in the headline to improves your CTR.

To avoid this, use at least 25 characters or more in both the headlines.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’