New campaign or modify existing campaign to match revised website
Should I set up a whole new adwords campaign for a website that has been revised (Same URL) and new products added or make adjustments to the existing campaign? what are the pros and cons of both?
Thank you for your help good people
Re: New campaign or modify existing campaign to match revised website[ Edited ]
October 2014 - last edited October 2014
If the new website's structure is completely different, I'd start everything from scratch - that way you could start with a good plan and structure your ad groups according to the website structure. Once your new campaign is ready, you can pause the old campaign and use the entire budget in the new one.
Hope that helps,
Re: New campaign or modify existing campaign to match revised website
On the whole, I agree with MIni.
You can learn from all your campaign data thus far and create an account structure that is suited to your business objectives and historical learnings. If anything, you have a big advantage here if applied learning is used advantageously.
There are perhaps 100s of questions to consider, here are but a few:
- What were your best performing campaigns / kw and why?
- What was your average QS (and CTR's) in your previous acc structure?
- Were your ad groups tight and relevant? Did you score 'above average' on all 3 indicators?
- What KW helped assisted clicks and conversions?
- What does your Google Analyitics data tell you?
- Can we learn from Landing page optimisation?
- Which KW presented the most scope? (i.e. search impression share)
- Which bidding strategies worked for you? Didn't work for you?
Hope that helps