AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

New account not functioning

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up Adwords last night, but it appears my ad isn't running yet. I also sporadically get messages that my ads might not be running because I haven't entered billing info, but when I go to check it, the message goes away, and my billing info is complete and correct. Has this happened to anyone else?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: New account not functioning

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh, I see the problem. Apparently I set the Max CPC too low; it says my ad isn't showing right now because the ad rank is too low. I'm using two keywords, both of them are not showing ads, according to diagnostics. I'm going to up my bid and add some more specific keywords, will check back in later.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Your ads will not run until they are approved by a human. It's the weekend so this takes longer.

You'll just have to wait.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's not it, my ads were approved within minutes last night.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

It is true.

Your ads may have passed the auto policy check, but they are still pending in a queue somewhere.

Google doesn't allow new accounts to "go live" immediately. I've been working with AdWords many years and it's always been the same. 

Assuming your ads are in line with AdWords policies, they will go live when they are looked over by a human. In my experience, probably Monday. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh, I see the problem. Apparently I set the Max CPC too low; it says my ad isn't showing right now because the ad rank is too low. I'm using two keywords, both of them are not showing ads, according to diagnostics. I'm going to up my bid and add some more specific keywords, will check back in later.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Success! A search for my keywords now shows my ad in search.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Excellent. Glad it's resolved.