Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

New account created and got stuck with errors in UI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings,

Just registered Google adwords account. Selected RUB as currency, just because I am working in Russia, has RU domain portal and my money income is in RUB I wish to spend. Now I am stuck with Russia country to lonely select option and my Latvian address now working in address form.

Guys, this is a big UI problem, you should make country and address selection first, before the currency. Because people have misunderstandings with the currency actually linked with the country to register on.

Now, how to change the currency? I deleted account to start a new one, but it's not deleted actually.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vlad L
September 2015

Re: New account created and got stuck with errors in UI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I found the solution but it's out of normal logic in my opinion. I attached another Google mail to account, made it administrator and deleted first account from admins. Now first mail is free to make clear registration again.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there
I didn't understand... Could you clarify : You selected RUB as currency and have a local address in Latvia;
What setting would you like to change?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to register with Google adwords with my address in Latvia. But it's impossible, because of RUB currency I selected on the first screen and I can't change this field now. Next step of payment address selection must be Russian Federation address only. I didn't knew that currency is linked to country selection, thats the UI error.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vlad L
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I found the solution but it's out of normal logic in my opinion. I attached another Google mail to account, made it administrator and deleted first account from admins. Now first mail is free to make clear registration again.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For better UI/UX I recommend:
1) to make country and address registration first, before payment selection. This way it's easier to understand what payment options are availabe for this country on the next screen.

2) to make currency change available until account holder payed for ads or made any other money activities, such as deposit.

3) make it clear, that user should register his/her physical address if individual, not the site main audithory country or language.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Nope;
Once a Google account linked to an Adwords account (even if "unlinked"  at a later stage)  - it cannot be used again .)
Check this discussion on the issue:
How to delete Adwords account and add new one.;

And this one:

How to reuse an e-mail address for AdWords

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your answer, I see that this was an issue earlier. But now I registered again with Euro currency and Latvia country with the email used in first registration and everything is ok. Promo code accepted. Starting the campaigns.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Ohhh...I see what you did ...you did not closed the account, just switched emails...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I switched emails on first account, then I closed it. Second account with first email created.