AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

New Retargeting Process

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm a huge fan of how Google made it easy to retarget people. I started working on it more than a year go, with the first retargeting process, when all you had to do was to:

- Create a list in Adwords

- Pick up the tag given after the creation of that list and place it on the relevant pages.

Now it seems that everything has changed. Is there only one unique tag across the whole Adwords Account? If that is so, all we have to do is set up new rules every time we want to create a list right ?

And what about my "old" unique retargeting tags that I used to use, are they still ok ?

Finally, we also use Google Analytics Remarketing - Adwords tells me my remarketing tag is active on some websites where I do not have any tags but the Analytics Remarketing. Are the new adwords remarketing tag and analytics remarketing now counted as one and the same ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Hugo

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New Retargeting Process

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Hugo33, Welcome to the Community

About "Now it seems that everything has changed. Is there only one unique tag across the whole Adwords Account? "

Yes you can use a unique tag for multiple websites.

"If that is so, all we have to do is set up new rules every time we want to create a list right ?"

Yes

And what about my "old" unique retargeting tags that I used to use, are they still ok ?

Like any updated software , it is recommended to update the tag code but the old tags should be active and functional.

"Are the new adwords remarketing tag and analytics remarketing now counted as one and the same ?"

No, can you share the page where this anomaly is found ? Forum members could take a look at the source code of the page to find out what is going on.

The current analytics code for remarketing simply includes a line to load a doubleclick.net cookie in the analytics tracking code.

Re: New Retargeting Process

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Hugo33,

# A

Now it seems that everything has changed. Is there only one unique tag across the whole Adwords Account? If that is so, all we have to do is set up new rules every time we want to create a list right ?

The new remarketing code allow to target with more flexibility only. Yes.. There is only one code that is being pasted in the entire website. Then you can create audience list for the particular page. If you have the remarketing tag in all pages of your website, you’ll be able to create lists from all site sections easily, which will give you more flexibility.

#B 

Yes it works. You don’t have to change but if you change it will be better, as I already suggests you -the new remarketing tags give more flexibility. You can change it either of the Two ways:-

Adding a tag on pages with existing tags

Replacing existing tags, Please find the below link for more info:- Link

#C

Are the new AdWords remarketing tag and analytics remarketing now counted as one and the same ?

Both code are different so it will not count as same, Both the codes have some different advantages. Which is described here:-Link

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’