Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

New Remarketing Campaign / Tag manager - no conversion label

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Currently trying to implement Remarketing code into Tag Manager.

However it looks like there have been even more updates over the weekend and the "conversion label" field is no longer available in the Remarketing Code that Adwords provides which is needed to implement into the Google Tag Manager. Please update if anyone else is facing this issue?

Attached is a couple of screenshots showing the missing fields needed to integrate with Tag Manager. Remarketing Code missing conversion label

Tag Manager - Conversion Label still present

Kind Regards

George Mortimer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author George M
September 2015

Re: New Remarketing Campaign / Tag manager - no conversion label

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 20
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The Google Team have finally got back to me and their technicians have resolved the issue.
When placing the Remarketing code into Tag Manager the "conversion Label" is no longer a compulsory field, It is now optional to have the conversion Label in tag manager.
Using just the "conversion ID" allows the tag manager integration to work and start building out your lists.

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi George,

Facing the same issue here.

Just contacted support over the phone, seems that they didnt get any update for that aswell...

I waiting for answer from them

Tal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yep, i have provided them with the screenshots and this thread. hopefully they will be able to answer the question posed here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also waiting for Google response to this item. We are stumped right now to implement our remarketing code via GTM. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm facing the same problem. Anyone got a response ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
still no response from them. It took me soooo long on the phone to explain to them what was missing and ended up having to do a screenshare with them.
The workaround I have done to implement Remarketing, is creating the Remarketing lists in UA-Analytics which is the way im guessing they are going to go to implement Remarketing in the future as well as conversion tracking so its not multiple pieces of code.

k1m
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
k1m
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We installed an existing remarketing code (where we could get the label) and although Tag Assistant says it is Working, it also says (old) and AdWords is saying that the tag is not found.

So hopefully this gets sorted out soon with no data loss . . . 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think they are being slow on the update notes, from what I can gather looking at the new analytics, the remarketing lists are going to be created there and you will have to linkup your adwords accounts via analytics etc instead of using tag manager to place the remarketing code.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So,

I've talked with two google experts, as they didnot get any update for that.

The only suggestion I've got is to make the remarketing list from analytics, as the client doesn't have analytics.

So for now, we rather inplement the remarketing code stand-alone, with out the tag manager...

Some times, we do know more then the googlers...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Guys,

I was having the same problem & found a work around.

If you view the tag through the tag creation process or the new tag link thing in the top right hand corner, you see no conversion_label in your tag.

If you create and save the tag, and then view it in the traditional sense in the shared library - you will see a conversion_label.   Bit awkward but it seems to work Smiley Happy

GTM.png

Hope that helps for now!