4.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

New Gmail account doesn't work for Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are having a problem with setting up an Adwords account for a client.

When I enter the email address into the "Hello, and welcome to Google AdWords" page (that includes your choices for Email, Country, Time zone and Currency) and press the Save and continue  button the page simply reloads. 

This appears to be a problem with the new Gmail account we set up around a fortnight ago. Existing Adword email addresses show an error message that they are already used and alternative email addresses allow us to proceed with the process without the page reloading itself. We have been told that we should just use another email address but we have set up this email for our client and we would obviously like to use it (e.g., it is the address registered to their My Business page).

We have tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome browsers, with and without private browsing and clearing the caches. We have tried it on two computers in the office and even another computer in another office that uses a different telephone exchange.

If anybody could help us with resolving this issue I would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks,

Barney

Re: New Gmail account doesn't work for Adwords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Lambourn B,

You have tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome browsers, with and without private browsing and clearing the caches. I suggest you please try again with clear cookie and caches and restart you browser. If its not working please take help with https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/2364595

Hope it help you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for this Muhammed. We have tried clearing the caches and cookies. I have also gone through the trouble shooter for the Page Refreshes Repeatedly but to no avail. If you, or anybody else, have any suggestions I would welcome them.

Cheers,

Barney

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Let us know if you tried all this and still facing the issue. You might also consider contacting the Adwords support for any technical problems in your Adwords account.

Hope this helps!

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lambourn,

If the email that you are using to create an adwords account is already associated with other adwords account, it won't work.

You would be better off creating a MCC account and simply add your clients in that using the Customer ID of that account.

Does it help?

Regards,
Ashish

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lambourn

I think you should consider reading the below mentioned post:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/How-to-delete-Adwords-account-and...

Hope it helps!

Abhishek