AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

New Campaign for better performing ad groups?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all,

I'm fairly new to SEM and am desperate for some guidance. I have a campaign that I am running that has 5 ad groups — two of which are performing really well. I want to increase the traction on these ad groups, but if I increase the budget on the campaign, will the budget be siphoned to the other ad groups with higher search volume by worse CTRs for us?

Should I:

1. Increase the maximum CPC for these ad groups or, 

2. Recreate each of these ad groups in their own campaign so that I can increase the budget directly?

Any advice is really appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New Campaign for better performing ad groups?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Terri,

If only 2 ad groups performing well compare than other ad groups then it means you are getting maximum impressions, clicks, conversions from those 2 performing ad groups.

You can increase the budget and bid don't worry about other ad groups if those are not getting impressions and clicks. You budget will not exhaust on the other ad groups because those are not performing well as per you.

Or if you are getting impressions and clicks from other ad groups without any conversions then you can pause those ad groups and create new campaign with separate budget and bid for other ad groups and Test it.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Anand

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
If you do decide to move ad groups to a new campaign - move the ones you care about least. That way the ones you care about most can keep their history.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anand,

Thanks for your answer. One bit of clarification: the ad groups that I want to increase the budget on are niche groups with high CTR's, but the search volume/number of impressions are not as high as another more general ad group that I have in the campaign.

I'm just trying to avoid the situation in which our increase in budget would go to the ad group with more impressions and lower CTR, rather than the niche ad groups with lower impressions but a better CTR.

Make sense?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can I just pause old ad groups and copy new versions of them into the campaign so that I can keep/compare the results of both?

Thanks!

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
It is best to pause rather than delete - because pauses can be reversed.

The only reason for deletion is to avoid disapprovals (like two destination sites in one ad group) and suspensions.