6.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

New Accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to set up an adwords account without setting up a campaign?

At this stage, I do not want to want set up a campaign or give my billing details. I will do that when I am ready.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New Accounts

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Matthew,

Of course you can. You just have to create a Google account and login to Adwords that it Smiley Very Happy
In fact if you already have a google/gmail account, you don't have to do anything at all.

-Rohit

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What I want to know is exactly how.

In my experience so far, the only page I have been able to get in to on Google Adwords will not let me do anything except set up a campaign. In response, I set up another account and had exactly the same issue. There is no way in which the page for setting up the first campaign could be bypassed.

Please explain how it can be bypassed.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Matthew, 

Depending on how you land on interface, AdWords may present one of the two pages:

First -

AdWords.png

If you do want a campaign in this scenario, do not create one, simply go to the option you would like to explore. 

Second -

You may directly be taken to the campaign creation page. If you are here, scroll to the bottom without entering anything, you will find two buttons as below:

newaccount.png

Click 'Cancel New Campaign', and you will be done without creating a campaign.

However, if you do not create a campaign, you will be able to explore limited features only. Hence, it's better to create a test campaign and group. Do not enter the billing detail as long as you are ready to go live.

You can also consider a test account if you are ready to go a bit technical. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If I had the option to 'Cancel new campaign' I would have clicked on that button.

I do not. The ONLY option I have is to create the new campaign. I can 'Save and continue', but absolutely nothing else and it will not let me do that unless I enter the campaign details.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Matthew, 

Never experienced such a problem. How are you trying to access AdWords? Logged in to Gmail and then going to http://www.google.com/adwords/ ?

Could you share a screenshot of the interface you are coming across? 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That is exactly what I am doing.

All I am getting the 'Start Your Campaign' page with no options.

I have managed to get beyond that by going through the Adwords help page.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hey Matthew, Nice to know you that managed to go past that page. Smiley Happy

So, the problem fixed?

If not, have you tried going directly to https://adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner ? Are you able to access keyword planner using URL?

I am wondering what exactly do you want to do inside interface without creating a campaign?

Thanks
Ratan Jha