AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Need to Add targeting in Remarketing Campaign?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I have a small concern. I am to start a Display Remarketing on Adwords. What I did was:

1- Generate the Adwords remarketing tag and asked the concerned person to place on the website

Now, when i go to the source code of the website and try to CTRL + FIND the remarketing number in the tag, I do not see any code in the website, although I see 'Adwords tag last active' with green tick. So, is it alright to see when I do not see the tag in the source code and green tick showing fine?

2- Secondly, when I choose Adwords Display Remarketing Campaign and upload custom images in Ad Groups, do I need to choose and targeting method or should I stop there? My aim is to remarket to visitors who visit the site.

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Need to Add targeting in Remarketing Campaign?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Jack,

Verify the tag: You can use Tag Assistant to verify this. It's a Chrome extension, you can add to your Chrome browser.

Target Past visitors: Creating a remarketing tag and placing the code would track/collect users. Hence, you'll have to add the remarketing list as a targeting criteria, in the ad group.

Feel free to write back, in case you need help.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Re: Need to Add targeting in Remarketing Campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hey suman,

I have a another doubt in a same question as Jack asked, Is it really needed to add placements(websites) for a Remarketing campaign