AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Need help, what is campaign structure best practices?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding to our company’s AdWords campaign. Our company provides services for clients from all around the globe in 7 different languages. Before I join the company, my boss used to manage the AdWords system for the company and He put all the ads for the different languages and Geo locations under ONLY ONE CAMPAIGN. I think it is not the best way to structure the Adwords campaign. But I could not find enough evidence in Google support center to prove what I think.

I really appreciate if you help me out in this matter. What would be the best practice to structure campaigns for such a global business which is working in 7 different languages?

Cheers

Nariman

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: campaign structure best practice

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Nariman H , Welcome to the Community

You can split campaigns by country and if a country has different time zones like the US , make a campaign for all the major time zones. For example in the US you can make 4 time zone campaigns for different states , even if there are 6 time zones.

Cost per click varies a lot from country to country and you can bid independently . Targeting will not overlap as long as you choose from the Advanced location targeting the second option "people in my location" which matches the psyhical location.

In a country try to add as location targeting all the major cities to allow you to bid higher on those where competition is higher.

You have bid adjustments by location for this.

Also the usage of mobile traffic is different from country to country , in some you may want to disable mobiles while in others you can use a bid adjustment to bid lower or higher on mobiles. Tweaking mobile traffic according to conversions is also a good strategy.

This is a broad topic and many other forum members can join to give you advice.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

In my view you have two options;
If the product is a global one, and the landing page is Global (e.g  for English; Spanish, German etc..) then set a separate campaign for each language;
If you have localized / tailored landing  page / site per country,  then set a separate campaign for each country, and in each country target the languages. (Make sure that you cover all languages spoken in this country)

I prefer the latter - since it allows to tailor a landing page for each country . (Language is also a matter of culture...).

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Dear Adrian and Moshe

Thank you for the replies. They were very useful. Actually I could not find anything related to this topic in Google AdWords support as well as AdWords learning center while I remember I already had read something there. Would you please provide me with a few supporting links from Google or any other reliable sources? Then I can cite them to my proposal…

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again;
You can find many helpful articles / tips / best practices/ and case studies in the User articles section of the community. (Upper navigation bar).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Need help, what is campaign structure best practices?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I have learned all those tips from the forum, while I cannot provide you with a Help Center section that deals with a Global Advertising Setup, I can provide you this google link which is really good at helping you select keywords in a global manner :

http://www.google.com/ads/global/find-new-markets.html

For example you can write the word "sedan car price" it will give you for each country the equivalent keywords in different languages used in that country and their traffic and avg. cpc.