AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Need help on True View Video ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have a product video ad in my hand and I want to reach it to max people I can within a month. I'm planning to run a True View Video ad campaign, but since this is going to be my first campaign, I need some useful information and suggestions on how I can reach my goal!

Another thing I'm confused with is the payment procedure. In case of In-Stream ad, it is said that I'll need to pay only for the 30 sec view of the video, so how I'm suppose to do the payment for each view? Do I need to pay the full budget at the beginning of my campaign?

Thanks  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Need help on True View Video ad

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I'll try and answer your queries:

- You set a daily budget and your ads will potentially show until the budget runs out on that day and will start again the next day.
- You only pay for a VIEW if someone watches your video ad for a minimum of 30 seconds or till the end, whichever is sooner.
- You don't pay each time someone watches your video ad, you get billed on regular or monthly intervals. Payment will be taken by Google directly from your account or credit/debit card which you set up. Usually for new accounts this the threshold is lower value. In the UK, I believe it is £50 or on a monthly basis.
- You haven't said what your GOAL is? Is it to raise brand awareness, drive traffic to your landing page or increase conversions. You must have a strong CTA (call-to-action) at the end of your video.

Hope this helps
Oz

Re: Need help on True View Video ad

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Milan E

I strongly suggest you do some additional research and reading prior to your execution of this campaign. While I can give you some pointers and suggestions, there is a LOT of information and tutorials available in the AdWords Help Center. Be sure to explore the various links in the top nav and along the right hand sidebar.

Any good video campaign starts with a strong video. You really want to make the most of the first 5 seconds because that is when the skip functionality kicks in.  You have 5 free seconds to make an impression on someone, to grab their attention and keep them viewing.  Also, this is a great opportunity to get some branding done.  

The super basic concept behind TrueView In-Stream is that you bid on a Cost-Per-View basis and you only pay when a "View" occurs - very similar to the CPC model used in Search campaigns.  A "View" starts with viewing the video for a minimum of 30 seconds or the entirety of the video if it's shorter than 30 seconds. "Views" aka when you're charged will also branch out to clicks or other interactions. So you set your CPV at a comfortable level of where you're okay with paying that amount for each single "View".  Often these are below 10 cents.

Google says "You pay when a viewer watches 30 seconds of your video (or the duration if it's shorter than 30 seconds) or engages with your video, whichever comes first."

You mention In-Stream, I would likely agree that this is a good route to take, just make sure in your campaign settings that you're only using the 'YouTube Videos" option under networks - otherwise, you'll be getting into the Display network and partner sites that might not be a great fit.

Given the available inventory on YouTube, you can easily narrow your target audience by using any or a combination of the available targeting options. Why show the video to every possible YouTube user when you can focus it a bit on users you've identified as the most likely to want your product?  

There is so much more I can get into here but I only have so much time to share.  The links I've shared have a lot of great info that should help guide you.

Happy to answer any followup questions you might have as well.

Good Luck!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’