AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Need help, I can't make experimental bid changes to keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Need help, I can't make experimental bid changes to keywords.

I set a experimental keyword bid and saved. But when i started running the experiment, the experimental keyword bid wasn't changed. 

You could click the follow link and view the picture. It will tell you the detail of my problem.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B23ZPRsT1kndTkVjVGp3cEh5Y1k&authuser=0

Thanks. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Need help, I can't make experimental bid changes to keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi, Hedy.

Can you try again? It seems you tried to change the experimental bid before the experiment was started.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, i have tried many times. Also set the experimental bid after the experiment was started, both had a same result.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, AdWiser
Does it matter that i have two adwords account with my one website?
And two account have the same question on setting experimental keyword bid.
Thanks your reply

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
You should not have two accounts running for the same or similar websites, as you're violating this policy: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2600168?hl=en

So please decide which account you want to use and close the other one.

Then test again to see if experimental changes are reflected when you perform them after starting your experiment.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello,

What was the experiment settings at campaign level i.e. Control and experiment with equally distributed percentage or something else?

You can make the bid changes within the AdWords interface and based on what percentage of auction will run for experiment and what for control, those bidding will be applied by AdWords automatically.

Also by default your experiment runs for 30 days and after that once the experiment is complete, you can launch the changes fully which you actually tested during that experiment.

I hope you set up the experiments as described here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375383?hl=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi,
Yes, I just set as this page described.
Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your advice.
It said that “Google will notify advertisers if they violate this policy. Multiple violations may result in penalties, including account suspension.”
But now we didn't receive any notifications from Google.
But we will still follow it.
Thanks again