AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Need conversions per impression filter

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

id like to request a ConversionRate filter that takes in account impressions instead of clicks. This can reduce cost of targeting / ad testing.

conversions / impressions.

would be very useful for display.

Br

A

p.s.

please skip the "click is more reliable" debate, open a new thread if you wish to discuss that.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Need conversions per impression filter

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Andrej,

Presumably you're talking only about CPM bidding Campaigns?  Conversions/Impressions would be an irrelevant metric where Impressions have no cost.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

any bidding, since CPC is only bid model (you pay less (for impressions) per more 'relevant' targeting, signaled by higher CTR and vice versa), in the end you pay impressions, since that is what any ad network seeks to maximise

2 mayor bennefits of having this for advertisers:

- most early comparison signal for targeting criterion and / or ad sales performance (out of 1000 display keywords with not much clicks, which have aobve average CR-imp, which below etc,..)

- enables optimisations on low click count per targeting criterion (such as man display keywords),...

additionaly i could find use for conversions / cookies reached and conversions / "GRP"

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes senior Jon_Gritton I think he is talking only about CPM bidding Campaigns. but exactly what's the matter?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
id like to see CR-imp regardless of bidding type. comparing those i can do more quicker.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
How?