AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Need High Traffic for Statistics for Optimising!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

I am a owner of an e-commerce website (lets say we sell sunglasses), and recently launched my adwords campaigns (launched on the 18/03,2 days ago.) Currently I have the following set up:

Campaign 1: Search Network Only (All Features) - Ads Rotate More Evenly -Delivery Method Standard - 

$10/Day - 30 clicks - 1042 impr - 0 conversions @ $ 19.46. CTR @ 2.87%

Now I am grateful for getting clicks and impressions, BUT as I am a startup and a new AdWords user, I believe I am paying a very high CPC for the amount of TRAFFIC that I am getting. I need help to find a way to get more traffic for much much less (i dont need conversions YET, i just need traffic to analyse data and stuff for now). I am willing to pay up to $30 just for the 1st week.

My question is, what would be the best step to increase my daily traffic? Would it be to find a new and better keyword? Increase my daily budget? Reduce my KW Max CPC? I dont mind starting a fresh campaign as Im quite desperate now...

Im truly sorry for the long post, and I say thank you in advance! Smiley Very Happy

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hakim M
September 2015

Re: Need High Traffic for Statistics for Optimising!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Hakim,

To be honest here, a campaign which is only 2 days old wouldn't be a wise strategy to make decision because it's a very short time period.

My opinion would be first get the traffic for atleast one week, review your search terms report and identify whether you are getting the relevant traffic to your website or not.

To start with, your account CTR is not bad as per your post. To improve on your traffic, you can test many things like increasing the ad schedule, increasing the budget as you rightly said. Another important metric to look at would be the Quality Score and see whether it's low (less than 4) or high. If QS is low, you might have to work to improve it, so that moving forward you pay less and get more clicks in general.

Since you are not concerned about the Conversions here, in case you are looking for brand upliftment, you might consider launching a dedicated Display Network campaign as well.

Find more tips and tricks in this helps center reference: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2633227?hl=en

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Good morning.

This is a complicated and very large topic since getting more (good) traffic is what most advertisers are trying to do. Smiley Happy

First, I would challenge your idea that you don't need conversions yet. There is little point in getting a lot of data to analyze unless that data contains the seeds of what's going to produce sales for your account. Wanting traffic for the sake of trafficisn't the best strategy, IMO.

Second, I would say that creating a successful, profitable AdWords campaign can be a process that takes months, not days. Two days is not even enough data to start analyzing, much less making edits against. 

You can use the Keyword tool to research potential new keywords. With a brand-new campaign, the suggestions won't be as "targeted"as they might be but you may see some good ideas there. Trying new keywords to see what the results are is always a good idea. (Click costs can also vary dramatically from one keyword to another.)

If you're looking to increase traffic levels, you can try some modified broad match keywords.Try variations like these:

+buy +sunglasses +online

+buy +brand +sunglasses +online

Modified broad match keywords are going to pull quite a lot of traffic. Not all of it is probably going to be appropriate for your purposes but including words like "buy" in the string should help to focus the traffic on people looking to make a purchase. You should monitor your search terms report often to identify and block unwanted searches via negative keywords.

It's difficult to speak directly to click costs because they are determined in part by performance factors in your campaign and in part by the competitive landscape--that is, what the competition is willing to pay for a click. You may have to try several strategies to lower your click costs, including spending a long time working to improve your keyword quality scores. 

These, briefly, are some ideas for strategies you could try. I would, again, caution you that advertising rarely produces overnight success. For most advertisers, it's a long, slow process to create a successful and profitable advertising campaign.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Hakim,

To be honest here, a campaign which is only 2 days old wouldn't be a wise strategy to make decision because it's a very short time period.

My opinion would be first get the traffic for atleast one week, review your search terms report and identify whether you are getting the relevant traffic to your website or not.

To start with, your account CTR is not bad as per your post. To improve on your traffic, you can test many things like increasing the ad schedule, increasing the budget as you rightly said. Another important metric to look at would be the Quality Score and see whether it's low (less than 4) or high. If QS is low, you might have to work to improve it, so that moving forward you pay less and get more clicks in general.

Since you are not concerned about the Conversions here, in case you are looking for brand upliftment, you might consider launching a dedicated Display Network campaign as well.

Find more tips and tricks in this helps center reference: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2633227?hl=en

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Good morning.

This is a complicated and very large topic since getting more (good) traffic is what most advertisers are trying to do. Smiley Happy

First, I would challenge your idea that you don't need conversions yet. There is little point in getting a lot of data to analyze unless that data contains the seeds of what's going to produce sales for your account. Wanting traffic for the sake of trafficisn't the best strategy, IMO.

Second, I would say that creating a successful, profitable AdWords campaign can be a process that takes months, not days. Two days is not even enough data to start analyzing, much less making edits against. 

You can use the Keyword tool to research potential new keywords. With a brand-new campaign, the suggestions won't be as "targeted"as they might be but you may see some good ideas there. Trying new keywords to see what the results are is always a good idea. (Click costs can also vary dramatically from one keyword to another.)

If you're looking to increase traffic levels, you can try some modified broad match keywords.Try variations like these:

+buy +sunglasses +online

+buy +brand +sunglasses +online

Modified broad match keywords are going to pull quite a lot of traffic. Not all of it is probably going to be appropriate for your purposes but including words like "buy" in the string should help to focus the traffic on people looking to make a purchase. You should monitor your search terms report often to identify and block unwanted searches via negative keywords.

It's difficult to speak directly to click costs because they are determined in part by performance factors in your campaign and in part by the competitive landscape--that is, what the competition is willing to pay for a click. You may have to try several strategies to lower your click costs, including spending a long time working to improve your keyword quality scores. 

These, briefly, are some ideas for strategies you could try. I would, again, caution you that advertising rarely produces overnight success. For most advertisers, it's a long, slow process to create a successful and profitable advertising campaign.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for your quick responses guys!

I apologise for my late reply, just busy grasping the concept that is AdWords. In a related topic to what Theresa said, is there some "Keyword Guide" in how I should match type my keywords, how many keywords I should use for starting up, what attributes makes a KW a good KW?

Thank you again for your replies! Much appreciated!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Since you are an ecommerce site you might also want to look at setting up a shopping campaign using a product feed.

As another alternative, try setting up a dynamic search campaign using categories of your ecommerce site structure to target product groups.