AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Need Help with Product Listing Ads Tax Issue

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I have client who wants to sell paintings in USA through Google product listing ads But in product listing TAX ISSUE. I don't know about the painting sell tax in usa.

So please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Manav
September 2015

Re: Need Help with Product Listing Ads Tax Issue

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Mann,

To use the Product extension, they have to be integrated in Google Merchant Center.
You can have more info on how to open an account and integrate a product by visiting this page : https://support.google.com/merchants/#topic=2475443

If you sell products from outside the US to ship to the US, you customers don't pay tax (except custom in some cases).
If you send withinthe US, the tax depends of the state where you send it.
You can have more info on : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160162?hl=en

Hope it will help you.

Cheers
Alexandre

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Mann,

In general in the US, original artwork sold by the artist is not subject to sales tax. It is a "work", not a "product". If the art work is being sold as prints, sales tax will be due, but only if your business is located in the US. Otherwise, the sale could be subject to use tax, and that is an obligation of the buyer, not the seller.

If it were subject to sales tax, and if you were located in the US, generally sales tax would be due when items are sold in that state, but not when products ship to other states.

We are in Tucson, AZ. Tucson requires us to collect local sales tax on all items shipped within the state, but not on items shipped out of state. Sales tax is due only in locations where you have a physical presence.

I'd be more concerned with import duties. Those can be substantial.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Pete,

I am really thankful to you for resolving issue with great explanation...

Best Regards
Mann

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Mann,

To use the Product extension, they have to be integrated in Google Merchant Center.
You can have more info on how to open an account and integrate a product by visiting this page : https://support.google.com/merchants/#topic=2475443

If you sell products from outside the US to ship to the US, you customers don't pay tax (except custom in some cases).
If you send withinthe US, the tax depends of the state where you send it.
You can have more info on : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160162?hl=en

Hope it will help you.

Cheers
Alexandre
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Mann,

In general in the US, original artwork sold by the artist is not subject to sales tax. It is a "work", not a "product". If the art work is being sold as prints, sales tax will be due, but only if your business is located in the US. Otherwise, the sale could be subject to use tax, and that is an obligation of the buyer, not the seller.

If it were subject to sales tax, and if you were located in the US, generally sales tax would be due when items are sold in that state, but not when products ship to other states.

We are in Tucson, AZ. Tucson requires us to collect local sales tax on all items shipped within the state, but not on items shipped out of state. Sales tax is due only in locations where you have a physical presence.

I'd be more concerned with import duties. Those can be substantial.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Pete,

I am really thankful to you for resolving issue with great explanation...

Best Regards
Mann