2.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Need Help - Google Account Disappeared

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I tried to log in to our Google account, it seems to have disappeared. The password doesn't work and even the user name isn't recognized. What happened? This account has all our AdWords ads and campaigns associated with it. I have a telephone number for an AdWords rep but it doesn't seem to be working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Need Help - Google Account Disappeared

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Cal M,

Who else has admin access to this account? Is it possible someone else at your company has removed you from the user list?

The user name isn't recognized? Did you use the "Forgot Password" link in an attempt to recover your password? Did it tell you the email address wasn't found? If the regular login fails, it will not distinguish between a wrong password and a wrong email address, it will just tell you one of them is wrong. That's pretty much standard security.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Need Help - Google Account Disappeared

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Cal M,

Who else has admin access to this account? Is it possible someone else at your company has removed you from the user list?

The user name isn't recognized? Did you use the "Forgot Password" link in an attempt to recover your password? Did it tell you the email address wasn't found? If the regular login fails, it will not distinguish between a wrong password and a wrong email address, it will just tell you one of them is wrong. That's pretty much standard security.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords