1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Narrowing search network amazon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have seen from the forums that you cannot specify a particular website for search network ads.   But I have noticed lately that every time I do a search on amazon for a set of particular keywords the same text ads always show on Amazon. This is under the area : Customers Viewing This Page May Be Interested in These Sponsored Links.    When I use the same set of keywords on google.com I cannot find these same advertised websites or adwords anywhere on google.com search ?

How is it that these advertisers are showing up so much on the amazon.com  search network ads ?

We have also noticed that these ads are usually very short.  Very short title and description .  Here is an example :

Find State of the Art Outdoor Speakers, Radios, and More!

If I search for a keyword like outdoor wireless speaker on amazon.com  I see the frontgate ad in the search partners ads almost every single time 100 out of 100.  I use the same keywords on google.com and I can virtually never get frontgate to come up.  We have tested this with other ads showing as well

We have noticed that these ads are served by http://www.a9.com ?  

Can anyone shed some light on the search network ads ? How is it that these advertisers are always showing up on amazon.com .   My understanding is the ad is coming from google adwords.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Narrowing search network amazon

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Jim ,

It seems that currently you cannot choose only "search partners" as discussed earlier here :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Search-partners-only/m-p/64478#M5715

But maybe "search partners" accept a lower bid because not all the advertisers use them, and the competition in lower.

If so, setting a lower bid while using also "search partners" can be a good place to start testing a new campaign.

But just narrowing the search partners to amazon... i have no clue how to do that, maybe if a Top Contributor can explain.

Re: Narrowing search network amazon

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi JIm,

It's a little hard to tell, but those don't look like Google Ads. They are served by A9. Here's what their website says:

We manage critical capabilities—high availability, cross-platform, scalable product search and an advertising platform that serves advertisers and publishers alike—for our parent company Amazon and other clients.

Also:

A9's Ad Tech team builds the technology infrastructure and ad serving systems to manage unprecedented traffic

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords