AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

NO TRAFFIC with Traffic Estimator

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

Here is my problem with Traffic Estimator.

If I sumbmit a group of say 100 keywords I may get measurable results on 30% of them.

But if I send this same 100 keyword through in small batches of 15 I get results on almost 90% of the original 100 word.

My question is...How Come??? 

I had heard that Traffic Estimator can process 2400 word at one time.

Thank you for your help.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author p_4204
September 2015

Re: Need some Pro help with TRAFFIC ESTIMATOR...Please!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 13
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks again Tom for your time and response.

It is appriciated.

View solution in original post

Re: NO TRAFFIC with Traffic Estimator

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi p_2404,

I understand your concern. I don't think it is an issue of number of keywords you are trying to process.

In general, functionality of Traffic Estimator is rather limited. It is great to get an overall idea how each keywords could perform but I wouldn't take it that seriously.

There is too many factors playing the role in keyword performance which Traffic Estimator does not consider (landing page, ad text,...).

The best always will be to test keywords in the real environment.

Hope it helped.

Good luck,

Meet AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was hoping not.

As I understand Traffic Estimator is not testing an ad but only how many times a phase has been searched.

Am I wrong?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I don't know that so deeply unfortunately. I assume it takes historical data for each keyword into consideration.

And as you don't put any ad text anywhere within the tool it can not test the ad. It will show results only for keywords.

Good luck!

Meet AdWords

Need some Pro help with TRAFFIC ESTIMATOR...Please!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

If I submit a group of say 100 keywords I may get measurable results on 30% of them.

But if I send this same 100 keyword through in small batches of 15 I get results on almost 90% of the original 100 word.

Thank you for your help.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi p_4204,

As previously suggested to you, please do not re-post the same questions. 

You started this same thread yesterday. 

I'm sorry if you are not satisfied with the responses you received but re-posting is against Community Guidelines.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi p_4204,

What is it exactly you are using the Traffic Estimator for?  What is it that you're seeking by using this tool vs using Insights for Search

Perhaps there is a better way to go about what you are trying to accomplish.  The 'estimates' are just that, estimates and in no way shape or form are directly related to your account and/or your ad performance.

I prefer to use actual traffic results to optimize campaigns.  Search Terms reports are a great place to start, that will tell you exactly which terms are triggering your ads.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Threads merged!

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

p_4204 -

This is your third or fourth post with the same text. Please post only once for each issue.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom

Im just tring to learn how to use Traffic Estimator correctly.

Here is my earlier question:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I sumbmit a group of say 100 keywords I may get measurable results on 30% of them.

Thank you for your help.