AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

My previous question is not resolved but it is marked as resolved.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

See subject above. I think I will need to take up the email offer to consult an expert as a reply is not a solution unless it answers the question. All the best!

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My previous question is not resolved but it is marked as resolved.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

I looked at the answer Adrian gave. I think he outlined the major reasons for an increase in cost. (Mainly a drop in QS as a result of lower CTR)

He also asked a few followup questions (which you did not reply),  to get a deeper understanding of your campaign performance.Furthermore, he referred you to a list of similar discussions, and added that you can find other discussions on the topic by searching the community.

You need to do the homework; we can only to guide and help. You are the one managing the account

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Clare M,

I just saw you post about answer being solved is not actually solved. Visited your profile and found your main question.

Adrian has pointed out some really good points there, Apart from what he has adviced you, I would like to add here that first page bid estimates are the estimated cpc given by Google Adwords compare with all other advertisers who are competiting with you for the same auction (there are lot of stats that google consider when shows fpbs such as QS, competitor bid). These are only estimates, it is not necesary always to keep your bid to first page bid estimates. Competition on google for the keyword you are talking about may be increasing rapidly. May be your competitors are better then you and having good campaign structure, QS, CTR etc.

I would advice here to check your average position for the keyword. If the Average position is fine you really don't need to raise bids even if it is below first page bid estimate.

Then you can also see Top page bid estimates for your keywords. But their is no gurantee that if you keep your bids same as top page bid, you will be shown to first page top positions. Because these are only estimates to give idea about bids for keywords.

I would advice here run your campaign and look into average position. Improve your campaign quality, CTR and you will see slowly and gradually your avg cpc will be reduced. Maintain relevancy between search terms and keywords associated with it.

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks
Neha Gupta

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Dear Clare,

I was struck by the "unexpected solved thread" hammer too, but I accepted that this procedure is for the best.

In the usage of AdWords, you are faced with delayed gratification  and configuring AdWorks to provide the best results for you works a little like the Standford marshmallow experiment.

So if you want a marshmallow now, I sugest using AdWords Express instead if it is available in your country , but if you are willing to work and wait for some results, AdWords is better.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Adrian

Thanks again, I do appreciate your input. Unfortunately, after a separate message from someone else, I am still feeling quite disappointed about my first experience with AdWords. I will continue to test my account over the weekend but other marketing strategies seem to be the best way to go at this stage. I live in Australia and I am used to strict consumer laws. Businesses need to be able to plan ahead and this is impossible if the price of services can vary and delivery of services can be suspended without prior notice to the customer. Also, I have no way of knowing if clicks on my keyword are genuine or generated by call centres, especially when the time spent on the website and page views per new visitor increases but does not result in sales.

Regards

Clare M

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone

It is late here and I really do appreciate the time you are taking to give advice. I will try to review all the information tomorrow. Nevertheless, Google AdWords should be for everyone, not just people with high technical literacy skills. I am just an ordinary person who wanted to place q simple ad to promote a new website. I still believe I chose the best keyword and, if the clicks are genuine, it is working but not resulting in sales. Yet the price has increased at least once daily if not more and the front page service I paid for and reviewed regularly was discontinued more than once without notification. If I purchased a refrigerator this morning, I would not expect the retailer to contact me this afternoon and ask for more money - or worse still fail to deliver the refrigerator. I can't put it more clearly than that. Anyway, over and out for tonight.

All the best

Clare M

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Clare,

In on the Gold Coast so know that everything that Google are doing is well within the consumer laws, they wouldn't be here otherwise.

You need to look at each ad impression as an auction marketplace and the person with the highest ad rank (max cpc x QS) gets the top spot.

It's already been mentioned but the first page estimates are only estimates and you don't have to set your CPC's to anything higher than you are comfortable with. It is a max CPC, you rarely actually pay the max due to the way the auction process works. You'll only pay $0.01 more than you need to beat the advertiser below you and won't pay more than the max cpc you set. Take more notice of you impressions and clicks, if you are getting relevant traffic that's the main thing.

AdWords can be a complex service for someone new to it so I do understand how you are feeling.

I have been using AdWords since 2002 and I still don't know everything about it, it's always changing. It's my profession so it's my personal responsibility to learn about any new features etc so I can implement these on my clients accounts. This is my career though. You are getting involved in this for the first time so it's not easy.

If I get a leaking tap, I get a plumber in. Someone that has years of experience in the field as I know if I try myself, I'll probably make it worse or a dodgy job at best ;-)  It might be an idea to think about getting a professional to have a look through your account to see what may be going on. It may cost a small fee, but it could make a huge difference.

I'm more than happy to answer any other questions you have Clare. Good luck.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

In addition to what Adam said, here is the link where you can find Google Partners :

https://adwords.google.com/partnersearch/

And here is a good article about what to consider when making a choice

http://searchengineland.com/considering-an-sem-agency-how-to-separate-the-wheat-from-the-chaff-14174...

Anyway I must say that it took me only a week or two to put into practice what i've learned from the forum and when you see some results you come back to ask for more information

It was a bigger effort in planning for a wedding than configuring adwords.YOU CAN DO IT !

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

I also took a shot, starting from a hypothesis, on the original thread: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Why-does-the-max-CPC-price-for-a-keyword-k....

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Tried to open from mobile and an error page came up , this was the link in my browser http://www.t5.com/Set-up-and-basics/Why-does-the-max-CPC-price-for-a-keyword-keep-increasing-daily/m... any ideea for a fix ? Also a subscribe button for mobile would be awesome