AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

My place is removed from suggestions after I declined Adwords. Why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My hotel " Hotel Sri Hayagriva" was on top 5 in the lists while searching " Hotels in srirangam" for a long time.  I rearranged its name and I Inquired about google ads.  But when i came to know about the charges from a google executive, I thought of doing it after two months and I declined the Google ad words offer at that time, because as it is festival time and I will get more bookings without additional advertisements. But after I Declined the offer, I cant see my hotel again in the list. I asked the google ads executive whether google suggestions depends on google ads. His reply was that google suggestion is based on search frequency and doesn't depend on whther i have google ads or not. But Being Most popular hotel in the area, I really doubt that the listing is automated by search frequency. Kindly give me suggestions to bring back my hotel in the Google map listing when people search for hotels in that area.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My place is removed from suggestions after I declined Adwords. Why

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
What did you do with this "I rearranged its name "?
I think the reason is you bought a new domain and lost all of your old domain ranking.
Your domain does not have a pagerank and is not properly indexed by Google.

Re: My place is removed from suggestions after I declined Adwords. Why

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

There is no direct relation in not running Google ads and losing your Google Listing ranking in search results.

It's off topic but I would also mention that we noticed some of the listings fluctuations in the past and the reason might have been some organic algorithmic role out from Google, but not sure.

I would suggest posting this over this specific forum for more details: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!categories/business

Pankaj