3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

My first Adword Campaign

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am trying to setup my first adword campaign. Here is my question, My keyword planner say that for the keywords i have selected I should get between 106-130 clicks, have 6.66K - 8.14k Impression 2.92 - 3.57 avg position and be around $10.00 a day (My budget).  However, under the Adword campaign tab (Keyword) all of my keyword say "Below first page bid" so what does all this mean?

Thanks David

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My first Adword Campaign

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave - if all of your keywords consistently say the bid is below first page, you might just need to give the AdWords system a couple more hours to figure out how to really treat your keywords. I am saying, this might just disappear within the next day.

If it persists, you will need to start thinking about how to set up your campaign better, considering campaign structure, keyword grouping, ad copy, ad extensions, etc.

Re: My first Adword Campaign

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

In addition to what Ivan has said, I want to remind you that any "estimates" you see before you launch your own campaign or have any data for it will be based on the experiences of other advertisers in the (recent) past. 

It's normal and natural that the amount you actually need to bid for your ads to be competitive will change after the software has had the chance to 'see' your completed campaign, especially the ads and your website landing pages. 

Go to the Columns button on the Keywords tab of your campaign and add the "first page bid estimate" column to those you're viewing. (If it's not already enabled, add the Quality Score column as well.)  These are two good metrics to keep track of, especially when a campaign is new. If you see your quality scores dropping, that means the system is deciding that your keywords are not closely related to your ad text and your website landing pages. This will make your first page bid estimates go up. 

Hope that helps!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*