2.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

My clients ask me to setup adwords for them

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been helping clients get seen in he search engines and a few of them have asked if I can setup and manage their adwords for them.

As a limited company can I setup a business account with Google Adwords and action this or do I need some approval first?

I dont have an Adwords account although I am experienced in analytics and webmaster tools.

I am worried that if i just setup an adwords account under my buisness name and then promote someone elses site I'll just get banned - whats the process to setup and promote my clients sites using Adwords in the correct way?

Thanks for any info

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My clients ask me to setup adwords for them

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Alexhunt,

You need to understand how adwords works and what are the basic things you should know about adwords. And for all this you need to give more time in reading the articles regarding adwords. I'll suggest you few helpful resources to learn about Adwords:

Please spend your time here and try to learn more and more about adwords. When you get confident enough about adwords, then only start running your campaign at adwords.

Wish you all the best!

Dinesh
My Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello alexhunt123,

Dinesh is correct in stating that you will need to educate yourself about Google AdWords before running accounts for your clients, it is likely that won't be happy if the campaigns perform poorly which won't look good for you.

To address your questions specifically:

Your first step would be to sign up for a My Client Center (MCC) as this will be required to manage multiple client accounts. The MCC acts as an umbrella AdWords account allowing you to link your clients without you having to worry about promoting sites other than your own. You do not require approval due to being a limited company, the only question to be asked will be whether you are VAT registered or not.

Feel free to ask more questions if you have them.

Kind regards,

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Actually, no offense, ScottyD, but I think DineshSEM is correct. The first thing anyone should do is to learn about the system before they do anything else. Smiley Happy

AdWords is neither as simple nor as easy as many people think, alexhunt123. Managing an account--or multiple accounts--is not something that can be done when you have five spare minutes now and then. In order to produce good results--success for your clients--you need to be prepared to spend several hours a week (especially at first) on each account.

In addition to the links DineshSEM gave you, here's a link to what I think is one of the more valuable things a new advertiser can read about using AdWords--it talks about how to think about your advertising, to set goals and have reasonable expectations.

AdWords Expectations & Goals

Good luck and if you have specific questions as you move ahead, feel free to come back to the forum and talk to us!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

None taken Theresa! Smiley Happy

I was also agreeing but just thought I'd point Alex in the right direction in case the clients encourage him to try a campaign for them anyway.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.