2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

My ads don't show up?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set up my adword account and set my keywords at 18 pence per click. The campaign has been running for a week and I've had only a few clicks. However I've just tested it myself and my ad does not show at all. No other advertisers show either.

Google adwords never say anything about a minimum amount they will charge. This just seems like a total con. This is the first keyword I have found where nobody else seems to have bid on it and yet Google yet again are trying to milk it for about £2 per click. This is just ridiculous for a product that's only worth £1.

What's with this company and it's insatiable greed and it's total indifference toward small business?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My ads don't show up?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Lisa T,

It's very rare that any keyword hasn't been used or isn't being bid on by competitors. The fact that no ads show on a SERP for a certain keyword most likely means that keyword has been tried by others with little success. That results in a low QS, and that means you'd have to bid higher to get impressions for your ad.

If your product sells for only £1, AdWords might not be a profitable source for your advertising. It doesn't work for everybody.

I'd suggest a little more keyword research to find how people look for your product.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords