7.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

My adds are active in search, but not on other sites such as gmail

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can see my add in google search when I do search for selected keywords. But now I also see that my competitors have their ads on some sites like gmail or other sites that use adsence.

What should I do to have my adds on different sites, not only in search?

note: in campaign type I have selected: All features - All options for the Search Network, with Display Select, 

networks - all

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My adds are active in search, but not on other sites such as gmail

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hi Masesxe,

Your ads should already be showing on other sites as well, given your campaign settings:

• google search network: regular google search
  • include search partners: google search related and partner websites (other search engines, google maps, gmail, ...)
  • display network (display select): 3rd party websites that use adsense

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ken,
thanks for the reply,
I checked these settings one more time, and they are all checked as they always were
what else could it be??

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Hi Masesxe,

I don't believe there is anything wrong. Why do you think you're ads are not showing on different sites?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi masesxe, if your Campaign Type is Search and Display Select your Ads are almost certainly showing on other sites, but bear in mind there are a lot of sites out there and your targeting, budget and Keywords will be restricting where and how often your Ads are shown.

The best way to check whether your Ads are being shown on the Display network is to look at the stats within AdWords itself.  Go to your Campaign, click on the Display Network tab and look for statistics there.  You can also look at the sites where your Ads were shown by clicking on the Placements sub menu button, just to the right of the big red +Targeting button.

I hope this helps.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Masexe,

I believe your issues was resolved by understanding the "Targeting Options" for the Display Network side that was supplied in your other question post.

If you still have issues let us know.

anyone else looking at this and having issues
@stickleback provided a great summary of Display Network Targeting in this post
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Don-t-understand-Display-Network-...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I tried setting up targets, and it offers me a list of sites that I can choose as my ad target, the problem now is that whatever I chose as a filter for that sites I get only some restricted list of sites, and I cant find there some popular sites as a GMAIL, I really want my add to be seen by GMAIL users of my country, Any suggestion of how I can do it, ar at least do you know how the logic of the form that offers website list for placements works?

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404243?hl=en

Show your ads on Gmail

If you're advertising on the Google Display Network, your text ads could appear on Gmail. Gmail can show your ads when your keywords match words used in a person's Gmail messages or if you've added Gmail as a placement to your ad group.

Add Gmail as a placement to your ad group

You can add Gmail as a managed placement to ad groups in your "Display Network only – All features" campaigns.

1. Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
  2. Click the Campaigns tab at the top.

Campaigns tab
  3. Go to your Display Network tab and click + Targeting, which is located above the graph.

4. Select an ad group from one of your "Display Network only – All features" campaigns.
  5. Click the "Add targeting" drop-down menu and select "Placements."
  6. Click the "Add multiple placements at once" link.
  7. Type mail.google.com in the text box. Note: To add the section right above Gmail messages as an ad placement, typemail.google.com::Inbox,Top center in the text box. Remember that the format for this placement is all one line.
  8. Click Close and then Save to add the placement to your ad group.

See https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404243?hl=en  for more tips

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Eric, thank you so much for such comprehensive explanation,
but what wonders me much is that how one should find these complicated name such as "typemail.google.com::Inbox,Top center" - how can I find such expressions for other sites myself?