AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

My ad words are not finding my website

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My ad words are not finding my website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Welcome to the Forum!

Would you please explain a bit more? You enter the destination URL when you make the ad. That URL is used in the link. Are you sure the destination URL is correct? (You can copy and paste it into a reply, if you like, and I will take a look at it.

Are you getting a "404 Page not found" error? Is the Error page served form your site? Do you have auto-tagging enabled? If all these things are true, you may be having trouble with the auto-tagging itself. Do the "gclid test". Navigate to any page on your site. Then, in the address bar add "?gclid=asdflkjsadfkjl" -- leave out the quote marks. Then press enter. If you get a Page not found error, that is the problem. It is not uncommon.

If auto-tagging is the problem, it's really a big problem in that you won't be able to track the campaign/campaign/ad group/ad copy/keyword in Analytics, and you won't be able to track conversions at all. Some web sites are set to not allow "arbitrary arguments" in the query string. You site may be one of them. You can turn off auto-tagging, but it would be better to get your webmaster to allow the gclid attached to the query string. How you do that depends on the web server you are running.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords