AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

My ad doesn't appear in google search results as worded in my campaign - different text appears.

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

The text that shows up in Google searches for my business doesn't match my AdWord campaign and yet I'm being charged for the campaign and getting clicks according to my stats... How do I ensure the wording I've specified is displayed and not the other random text that's popping up? I should divulge that the account wasn't created by me and there may be some 'old' background info somewhere? That's all I can think of for the display of incorrect text...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My ad doesn't appear in google search results as worded in my campaign - different text appears.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there,

As well as the ad copy you created, there are ad extensions that contain additional information that Google can show when it chooses. You can create these, and there may be some in you account already:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375499

Buried away in the settings are also automated extensions which by default are set to on. These are created by Google software based on content from your website.

To disable an automated extension:

Sign into your AdWords account.
Click the Ad extensions tab.
Click the “View” dropdown and select Automated extensions report.
Click Automated extension options (advanced).
Click Edit next to “Show all automated extensions for this account”.
Click Exclude specific automated extensions for this account.
Tick the box next to the automated extension that you’d like to disable.
Click Save.

Re: My ad doesn't appear in google search results as worded in my campaign - different text appears.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello

What do you mean by: "The text that shows up in Google searches for my business doesn't match my AdWord campaign "? do you mean that you made a Google search using the KW in your campaign and your ad did not show AT ALL ? or it did show but it was different from the ads you wrote for that campaign? If the ads DO show but the text is different, what are the differences? @RobSkelton makes a good point about automated extensions being a probable source of unexpected differences in ads.
Could you send a screen capture of the search results where your ads do not appear or appear modified?.
Cheers
Jorge