2.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

My Google Ads not showing due to IP address blocking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am the owner of this web site ( www.hebrideanseafresh.co.uk ). It launched only a few days ago and in that time I have been actively placing ads, checking keywords etc. I cannot see the Ads for my site even though other users do. I believe my IP address, which is static, has been wrongly identified as a bot.

Even using the Google AD Preview tool does not help. Unfortunately, I only found the Google Adwords Preview tool after the event (this prevents searches counting as impressions).

I do not have AD blockers. I have the same issue in IE, Firefox, Chrome and all the related ads for my keywords show up fine for all my competitors.

I've trawled all of the help sites including the 20 min YouTube "Why am I not seeing my Google AD"

I'm sure its simply that my IP address has been blacklisted for repeatedly hammering them with search terms for my site. They think I'm a robot. 

I will not share my IP here for security reasons. Can someone please contact me to unblock my access.

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author dragsworthy
September 2015

Re: My Google Ads not showing due to IP address blocking

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi dragsworthy,

You can contact Adwords by calling them or by filling the form here.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi dragsworthy,

Just before you jump into some conclusion that your IP has been blocked etc.., my first suggestion would be to use the keyword diagnosis and Ad Preview Tool to actually see what stats you are getting.

If you hover mouse over the speech bubble of individual keywords, what does it say? Yes, no or this keyword doesn't trigger an ad?

I think there is a possibility that your account might have moved into the review process and your ads will be up after the review is complete.

Kindly run the Keyword diagnosis and let us know the situation. In case the tool says to contact Adwords support, feel free to submit your query to them and they will look further.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Pankaj,

My ads are run by an agency for me. Everyone else sees the ads apart from me! That's why I'm sure its down to IP address being blocked. How can I ask google direct about this apart from in this forum?

Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Changed my IP address - still can't see the ad. Went to a friends house - all the ads appear!

This from Google Support page (GOOGLE PLEASE RESET MY ACCESS)..

Searching for your own ad on Google

If you repeatedly search for your own ad using Google Search but never click on it, you may stop seeing it. That's because Google's system detects the IP address of your computer, and stops

showing you ads that it thinks you aren't interested in. Remember to use the Ad Preview and Diagnosis toolNew Window to view your ad as it appears in Google search results instead of performing a regular search. It prevents you from racking up impressions while you try to locate your ad.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi dragsworthy,

That's an interesting question! I have a few for you in return.

1. Is there geo-targeting involved in your campaign, perhaps UK only, and you have set your browser to a location outside of your target area? If so, that's fairly easy to fix. When using the Preview Tool, you have the option of setting yout location. Be sure it is within the targtet area.

2. Did you re-assign your ip address from a class c group of addresses assigned to your company? For example: your old address was 192.168.0.101 and you changed just the last octet to be 192.168.0.105? If so, it is possible that the agency has placed a block on your group of ip addresses. That's not Google blocking you, it's your agency. I would ask them.

Google does not need to identify or register bots in order to block display of ads. The ad display is done with a client side Javascript. Bots (in general) don't run Javascript. Some of the smarter ones will analyse your scripts for script based links. As far as I know, Google does not keep a database of bots to surpress ad display, it's just not necessary. If you see other ads but not your own, it's not Google preventingyour ads from showing to you.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Pete,

Thanks, Points 1 and 2 are covered. The explanation given in the support pages are the most likely - that is, accessed the site too much in testing and therefore blocking me.

I'm at a loss. Is there any way to get in touch with Google direct?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author dragsworthy
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi dragsworthy,

You can contact Adwords by calling them or by filling the form here.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I realized that If i visit our sites by using its IP Address instead of its domain name ads won't be displayed, which is a problem because some of our servers are being used like that.

Example: if i visit my site like this: http://1.2.3.4 instead of http://www.mydomain.com ads won't show up. Why does this happen, and is there any way to fix this ?

Thank you in advance.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi sreela b,

This is an old thread. If you have a question, please start a new thread. You're question seems to be about showing AdSense ads on your site. I suggest you post your question there.

Simple answer, redirect http://1.2.3.4 to http://www.mydomain.com,

Best of Luck,

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords