Guide Me
star_border

My Client Center time zone and currency

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

I have two questions regarding setting up My Client Center

1. What is the importance of the time zone and currency setting of the MCC account? I think for most purposes the time zone and currency of individual accounts will take preference over MCC time zone and currency, so when and in which case does the MCC time zone and currency become relevant?

2. I want to work with clients using different currencies, in different time zones, so what should I choose as the time zone and currency in my MCC account?

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: My Client Center time zone and currency

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

MCC is an umbrella account which constitutes of the various child accounts which you will be handling day to day.

So try to set the time zone in which you work and currency for your business. It's because once you have the child accounts link to your MCC, they all will have their individual time zones and currencies which will get updated accordingly.

Read more here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704399?hl=en

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

MCC is an umbrella account which constitutes of the various child accounts which you will be handling day to day.

So try to set the time zone in which you work and currency for your business. It's because once you have the child accounts link to your MCC, they all will have their individual time zones and currencies which will get updated accordingly.

Read more here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704399?hl=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Pankaj. Thanks a lot for such a quick reply.

Please can I ask for more clarification -

I think for billing, reports, ad scheduling, (practically most of the things) the child account's time zone and currency setting will be used. So I am still not clear when exactly does MCC time zone and currency come into play? What is the importance of MCC timezone and currency setting?

When you mention "So try to set the time zone in which you work and currency for your business." does it mean I should set the MCC timezone to my own time zone, irrespective of the time zone of my business clients (the time zones of the child accounts)?

Thanks a lot.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

When you mention "So try to set the time zone in which you work and currency for your business." does it mean I should set the MCC timezone to my own time zone, irrespective of the time zone of my business clients (the time zones of the child accounts)?

Thanks a lot.

Yes. that's right. It's because some agencies have Manager Defined Spend (MDS) which is controlled by MCC and in that case the agency takes care of their child account spend on their own.

Pankaj 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Pankaj thanks a lot for the clarification.