AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

My Ad not Showing in Call Only Camapaign

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I recently created a Call Only Campaign and my ad was approved but it still not showing.. getting me an error message stats that "Call only ad cannot show on platforms without calling capability". I know that call only campaign will work for only mobile devices.. and in settings tab it shows devices as ads will run only on devices that can make calls. I confused why i'm getting this error message even after i done call only campaign set up without any mistake. Could any one help me ? how can i resolve this issue?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My Ad not Showing in Call Only Camapaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi James,

Are your Call only ads getting impressions or not?

I hope the telephone number you are using is there on the landing page being targeted because AdWords verifies that as one of the process before approval.

Where are you getting this error message?

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James,

When did you create/setup this campaign? It looks like there is a delay in the approval process of call only campaign. For some advertisers it has taken a bit longer than normal approval time.

Are you using one Phone number or multiple phone numbers in your campaign?

If the call only ads have started or start getting impressions then everything is fine. Just ignore that message then.

Regards,
Ashish

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Pankaj,

I'm not getting any impressions and my ad was approved. This error is shown in keywords tab..when i check on eligible status. The telephone number in the Ad and landing page is same.. its 1800 XXX XXX. So My ad is approved but when i check the eligible status at the keyword it shows my ad is not showing right now because "call only ad cannot show on platforms without calling capability"

i created this campaign on last 3rd April, since from last one week i did not get any impression. Please help me how can i get impressions and clicks? @ Ashish

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James,

Please Check this link regarding Call Extension Advertising policies, if this helps to identify and resolve your issue - https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1054212?hl=en

Regards,
Ashish

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Also check policies for Call Only Ads, if it helps:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6130299

Check if you are missing anything.

Are you using Google Forwarding Number or your own number? The reason I am asking this is "Your ad group needs a minimum number of clicks to be able to show a Google forwarding number."

I hope you have enough budget allocated to the campaign and keywords do not have low search volume or below first page bid.

And can you please cross verify the visibility of your ads by searching for your keywords in Google Ad Preview tool and selecting Mobile Device, with any O.S. and the version? Does it also give same message of not showing the ad?

All details about Call Only Campaign, just in case if anything is missing - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453991?hl=en

Regards,
Ashish