1.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

My Ad doesn't show on the Top

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have created an ad campaign and have selected all the relevant key words.

I have added the site links (5 site links)

On the bubble on the key word, the Quality score is displayed as 6/10

When I go to Tools > Ad Preview and Diagnosis and put the key words "School bus IBT", a green band appears and says "Yes, your ad is showing for the key word School Bus Transportation"

I don't understand a few things

1. I'm searching for one key word and it tells me it is showing for a different key word

2. My ad is not visible even after 6 pages

3. My ad is not even visible for the keyword "School bus transportation"

4. My max CPC shows 4.54 where as Avg CPC shows 0.0

Please help me understand and also bring up my ad on the first page.

My website is new and this is our peak season for business, but I can't bring up my site in google search

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: My Ad doesn't show on the Top

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Yellow,

1. What do you mean about searching for one keyword but it shows you a different keyword? What match types are you using for your keywords? https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en

2. When you say that your not visible after 6 pages is that with the preview tool or are you searching for yourself? I would stick to the preview tool for most accurate results and so you do not cause impressions and lower your CTR.

3. Your ad is not visible for School Bus Transporation. Again with the preview tool or an actual search?

4. Your max CPC shows $4.54...are you setup on automated or manual bidding? https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472725?hl=en You said your Avg CPC is 0.00...well I think that is likely because you have not gotten any clicks.

I would suggest that you enable the first-page bid estimates column and get an idea of what you need to bid to be on page 1. Remember page one consists of top positions (above organic) and bottom positions (below organic). For the most visibility I recommend top of page positions. about first page bid estimates: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472742

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Yello C
Some tactics to increase Page position:

1. Try different Match Types. (this may also be why your ad is showing for other Keywords) I always recommend starting with Exact Match, then Phrase or Broad match Modifier, and then moving to Broad. About Keyword Matching Options.

2. Increase Quality Score.  Although a 6/10 is ok you always want to aim for 10/10. this will let Google know that your ad is what the User is looking for.

Quality Score: Definition

3. Increase Bid. Although this tactic can be costly, (and you should keep a close eye on it) raising the bid sometimes is the easiest way to increase Page rank. You need to know what your ROI is and keep a close eye on it.   Measuring return on investment

Hope that helps. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Yellow,

I believe its something to do with the Campaign Budget.

• Are you bids matching as per Google's first page bid estimate suggestion? 
  • How have you set your budget? Standard or Accelerated? 

Try increasing your bids & then look up for your Ad. It appears to me that your campaign was low on the budget when you looked for the ad.

Preeti

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
please check your campaign settings. Is it on display network or search network. if is on display network then change it to search network.

Another Re: My Ad doesn't show on the Top

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

When I go to Tools > Ad Preview and Diagnosis and put the key words "School bus IBT", a green band appears and says "Yes, your ad is showing for the key word School Bus Transportation"

Another thought is that Google recently Changed the Search page so Ad's do not show on the side of the page anymore. It could be all the way at the bottom of the page under the organic results. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Top spot on the search results page is a competition even for ads . If another business has a product or service the match is the query and they have a better quality score or have been more they will probably win that top spot . It is very important to continuously work on your campaigns until you achieve the best quality score possible in doing this you reduce your per click bid in most cases and be more likely to appear at the top of a search results page .

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Strangest thing is that there are no advertisements anywhere on the screen, top, bottom, right or left.

Not even mine not even anybody else.

So, no competition, am paying and I don't see the advertisement, which is very strange

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Did you try the search in an incognito window or after deleting your browser history?

What are some of the top keywords you would like to appear on?

Mike

Sent from my iPhone
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Yellow,

1. What do you mean about searching for one keyword but it shows you a different keyword? What match types are you using for your keywords? https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en

2. When you say that your not visible after 6 pages is that with the preview tool or are you searching for yourself? I would stick to the preview tool for most accurate results and so you do not cause impressions and lower your CTR.

3. Your ad is not visible for School Bus Transporation. Again with the preview tool or an actual search?

4. Your max CPC shows $4.54...are you setup on automated or manual bidding? https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472725?hl=en You said your Avg CPC is 0.00...well I think that is likely because you have not gotten any clicks.

I would suggest that you enable the first-page bid estimates column and get an idea of what you need to bid to be on page 1. Remember page one consists of top positions (above organic) and bottom positions (below organic). For the most visibility I recommend top of page positions. about first page bid estimates: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472742

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for all the excellent help provided.

I ended up calling google adwords team and they helped us in setting up the ad campaign from scratch and guided us through out. I ended up throwing my campaign out of the window.

With this new campaign, we are able to meet our google ad target, so happy for this step.