AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

My Ad does not appear while seach (subject specific problem)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys again, please help me to solve this tiny but stressing issue: 

My Ad does not appear when me or any other person I know searches for the keyword from any other PC in Georgia. Ad is loceted for Georgia so that is fine. I waited 1 week for now to see single time my ad, no result. However, whenever I search it on a mobile, it appears. I have not ticked box to give preference to mobile, so I am on top of that issues as welI, I think, it should appear on PC search result. So that's the issue and question too. Why that happens and how to correct that in order to see my Ad when searching for keyword. I admit there are some problems with keywords, however they have good score and Google itself reports how many times it showed the ad for those keywords and how many people clicked on the ad, I think all the rest of Georgia except me and my acquaintances. I want to see my ad on actual Google search page at least couple of times, please advise? ეხლა უკვე ძიებისას არ სჩანს რეკლამა.JPG

ხარჯი 14 ივნისი დილა.JPG

Re: My Ad does not appear while seach (subject specific problem)

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Based on this part of your message " However, whenever I search it on a mobile, it appears." I think your bid is not competitive enough to show for desktops very often and the low quality score will also make your Ad appear less times.

1) Is your browser set in English but your campaign is not set to show to english language searches? 

For example when you do a search do you see the button "'I'm feeling lucky" on www.google.ge ? If so , it means your browser is set in english.

To check the language targeting of the campaign go to the Settings tab, then low on the page you will find "Languages"

2) Are you sure you are searching for the exact keyword ? Even 1 different character in the search term than in your keyword can make the ad not appear if you are using an exact match keyword.

3) Check how many impressions you get from the desktop segment vs the mobile segment by using the "Segment" button in the keywords tab. Select "Device" as a segment and you will see for each keyword how many impressions/clicks it gets from Desktops/Mobiles/ Tablets.

If 90% of your impressions are from mobiles and the Avg position for desktops is very low such as 9 or 10 , to see you ad on Desktop you need to increase the bid.

4) Check for AdWords Ads below the search results too. 

Sometimes AdsWords ads appear not only on top or on the side but also below the organic search results. Search for your ad also there.

I hope this helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Adrian, thank you for the answer, however:

1) my campaign is set to show to English and Russian language searches, I'd rather to set in Georgian, but Google does not provide the service in this language.

2) Sure I am searching the exact keyword.

3) I checked, the most of clicks come from "Computers" not mobiles.

4) not below the search page, not even on second or third page of results.

So problem continues and I have no idea how to tackle it, could you or other guys here think about any alternative solutions?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the feedback but I am not sure we verified point 1)

Check if your desktop Browser buttons for Google Search are in english or russian. If they are in Georgian language, then this is the problem.

Did you perform a desktop search using the browser language in english or russian ?

You can switch your language preferences for Google Search from this link

https://www.google.ge/preferences#languages

The browser which you use on mobile could have default Google search set to english as a factory setting, this is why it works to see your own ads.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The only person who deserves gratitude among us is you, so don't thank me, please Smiley Happy Frankly, Adrian this Google language issue drives me crazy in general, however here is interface of my Chrome, I think it performs search in English, doesn't it? chrome interface.JPG

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

By the text to the right of the google logo I would say Google search in your browser is setup in Georgian. To change change Google Search to english use the link I provided in the previous message.

You will see the 2 buttons bellow the search box written in english after you do the switch to the english Google Search. One button says "Google Search" and the other "I'm feeling lucky".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here are some better images I saved on that topic: 

better image.JPG

yes in English.JPG

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes , now it is clear , your Google Search is in english and this matches your campaign setup so Google Search language setup is not the problem. You should be seeing your ads in this case.

5) Next check if your campaign subtype is not "Call only" (instead of Standard or All features) because this campaign subtype shows text ads only on mobiles. 

You can see this "Call only" option under Settings>>All settings>>Type , it would be the last option as in the screenshot below :

where-to-check-call-only-subtype.png

6) There are rare cases when scheduling prevents seeing live search ads because people turn off their ads by night for example. 

I suppose your campaign runs 24/24 hours but it wouldn't hurt to check the Schedule tab at the campaign level , especially if you created the campaign by importing the settings of a previous campaign when AdWords also copies the Schedule. 

I am out of ideas about what to check. I would also like to see what others have to say to solve your problem. 

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Alexander A,

If you want to see your ads at real time in google search then for testing purpose you can setup exact location of yourself in your campaign.

Like if you leave in Tbilisi then add in location -> advance search -> set radius targeting or normal put your city name.

Then set language only single language and don't forget to set network as only Google search (because you wish to see the ads in only google search)  unselected Google search partner.

Then see you ads in real time from other system. also you will be eligible to see ads from own system, if you have not added ip exclusions.

Please follow this by create other as test campaign or as you wish. & check.

I sure you will be seen ads in real time soon.

Regards

Mohit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I was trying to play with it within a day, but did not help. Could be because of this? I doubt:

no tbilisi.JPG