AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple websites / Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Newbie question. To manage multiple eCommerce (product) websites; all different product themes.

Should I use MCC to set up individual Adwords accounts per website, then link each Adwords account to Analytics? Or should I set up individual Campaigns per website, using only one Adwords account? 
If I did that, how could I separate Analytics data per website, if only linked to one Adwords account?

Thanks in advance

Re: Multiple websites / Google Analytics

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Neil B,

In my opinion,

Since each site is it's own business, (accounting - budgets-taxes-etc) and has it's own Analytics I would go with the Create One MCC account. Then create the individual Adwords accounts. Helps you keep budgets, accounting, and data clear.

Note: a MCC is basically API access to log into multiple accounts through one login platform

Note however that each individual Adwords account will need it's own email address. You can then add the prior analytics account to the new email addresses as Admin. Then associate each analytics to those adwords accounts you create under that new adwords created email account.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

manage multiple eCommerce websites based on magento with one Adwords accounts and one Google Analytics Property.Every website has its own domain,I created analytics view for each website and One Universal view for all website,so that I can easily learn the status of all my running website.And All Store Share the same google adwords account by campaign name rule to Seperate the site Ad.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Eric. I think that's the best way forward.

I have only just started using MCC; but it does seem to allow setting up new Adword accounts without
separate email addresses. You just have to log in using MCC credentials.

Thanks