5.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple sign ons

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need access to a new AdWords account with my regular Google username, but Google won't let me because I already had an old AdWords account, even though I have successfully cancelled it. I want to completely eliminate the old AdWords account and use only the new AdWords, but Google makes me create a whole new sign-on, and won't let me sign on to the new AdWords with my regular username, even as a guest. Any suggestions?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Multiple sign ons

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Linda F,

Your email address remains associated with yoru ADWords account even after you delete it. This is so you can restore the account at a later date.

I've posted how to take care of this several times on this forum. Basically, get a throw away email address, make it admin of the existing account and remove the email address you want to use. It is then available to use for another account.

If you anticipate doing this several times for different accounts, get an MCC account so you can manage them all with a single login.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Multiple sign ons

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Linda F,

Your email address remains associated with yoru ADWords account even after you delete it. This is so you can restore the account at a later date.

I've posted how to take care of this several times on this forum. Basically, get a throw away email address, make it admin of the existing account and remove the email address you want to use. It is then available to use for another account.

If you anticipate doing this several times for different accounts, get an MCC account so you can manage them all with a single login.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords