AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple different locations within a single campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I understand what I'm doing can be accomplished with multiple campaigns, but I'd like them within a single campaign if possible.

For example, for the keyphrase "Sell my house", I want to target only the New Orleans area, and I've set that up fine.

But I also want the keyphrase "Sell my house New Orleans" to target the entire country.

I want them together so I don't have to set two separate budgets.

Is this possible?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Krisha (Community Manager)
April 2016

Re: Multiple different locations within a single campaign?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Brad,
No, this is not possible. Location targeting is at the campaign level only.

However, if it's just the budget you want to share, then splitting them out into separate campaigns and using a shared budget seems like the easiest option.
You can find more about shared budgets here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2517512?hl=en

I use shared budgets a LOT so let me know if you have any specific questions.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Krisha (Community Manager)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Brad,
No, this is not possible. Location targeting is at the campaign level only.

However, if it's just the budget you want to share, then splitting them out into separate campaigns and using a shared budget seems like the easiest option.
You can find more about shared budgets here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2517512?hl=en

I use shared budgets a LOT so let me know if you have any specific questions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Dave, I wasn't aware of shared budgets. That's perfect

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Brad,

Not looking to stir up any trouble here, but it seems to me you can accomplish what you want with geo-targeting set to New Orleans and with search intent enabled. Your keyword would still be "sell my house". Your ad would be eligible for anyone located physically in New Orleans with a search query of "sell my house". Your ad will show for anyone whose query includes "sell my house" plus any geographical modifiers Google thinks is in New Orleans. That covers your second query of "Sell my house New Orleans". Your ad should also be eligible for "Sell my house in French Quarter".

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Pete, 

I had considered that but we did some research for a hotel chain using this method about a year ago and found that there was very little consistency in what Google considered "in or searching for" keywords. Ever since then, we've turned it off on every campaign and stuck to "in my target location". 

I do however think it might be worth trying, at least initially, to test the results of both methods. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Pete, and thanks again Dave.

I appreciate any and all advice; we're certainly open to testing the results of multiple strategies.