AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple accounts under one master, all on the same credit card (details inside)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So previously i had one ad word account, setup different campaigns for our different locations/businesses. Worked fine but when the bill came it became difficult to allocate the cost to each in the right period.

I've since setup a master account and then through that created a new account for each location. My question is if i setup each location with the same credit card will Google bill each individually or is it going to wrap it all up into my master and bill me once (im trying to get separate charges so i can discern which location and make it easy to allocate)

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brandon K
June 2017

Multiple accounts under one master, all on the same credit card (details inside)

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

It will bill them separately. I have several separate AdWords accounts for different lines of business that all report up to a MCC AdWords account.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Can you elaborate what do you mean by a master account? Are you referring to an MCC?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes a Manager account (which i if im not mistaken was previously was called MyClientCenter MCC)

https://adwords.google.com/home/tools/manager-accounts/

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brandon K
June 2017

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

It will bill them separately. I have several separate AdWords accounts for different lines of business that all report up to a MCC AdWords account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Perfect thanks David!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

However. This is not recommended. If one of the accounts is in violation all other accounts will be linked.... Each business should set its own billing method.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I work for a single company that has several lines of business in multiple markets/regions. I use multiple AdWords accounts for billing purposes as well as ease-of-reporting, but I take caution so that no accounts bid on similar keywords in the same region (therefore producing "Unfair Advantage" other over participants by appearing more than once in an auction.)

As @MosheTLV mentions, I wouldn't recommend using one payment method for multiple businesses. 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hmmmm little confused then. My company manages apartments, you're saying if i setup Property A. to bid on "Apartments in Chicago" and property B to bid on "Apartments in Chicago" i might get flagged for appearing more than once? Even though each apartment is under a separate account and a separate business? Wouldnt it be essentially the same thing with two different credit cards? Ideally i would like them all to use the same card for ease of billing...

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

@Brandon K, I think you're safe in your instance. The Unfair Advantage applies if you had two AdWords accounts, each bidding on auctions for Property A, so that Property A could theoretically get 2 of the top positions in the SERP. What are your thoughts, @MosheTLV?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh no, Each property/main domainURL would have only one AdWord account which would be under the corporate(manager) account. Some properties would be in a similar area/targeting similar or the same keywords but they would each be directing clicks towards their individual property site.