AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple accounts for a single domain...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I am in a bit of a pickle, my client, a real estate developer, has different condo projets for sale all advertised on the same website. I would like to create an Adwords account for each projets but as I undertand things, Google will not let me do this (multiple accounts pointing to the same domain) nor can I create seperate campains as all the projects share most of the keywords.

How can I setup my account to deal with that? Surely I am not the first one to one this situation occur...

TIA,

Michel

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Multiple accounts for a single domain...

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

If you want to use the same keywords for different condo projects pages you can:

1. Try several ads under the same AdGroup and in the ad rotation settings choose: "Rotate: Show ads more evenly"
  2. I would aslo recommend you to try the Sitelinks feature so you could let the user choose the right conodo project.

Good Luck,

Asaf

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
My suggestions and based on previous accounts I have handled you would be best to put a default positive keyword list (those consistant throughout the account) at campaign level and then within each ad group place your more specific keywords.

Also as mentioned above it is best practice to always place ads on standard rotation and use site links.

There are a number of ways it could run effectively and may require a little testing.

I am happy to offer any extra support you may require

Regards
Luigi
Luigi Raw

Innovation is About Imagination

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Michel,

You are right, creating different account for same business or domain is violation of Google adwords policy. If all projects have same service or keywords then create high themed ad groups (on basic of location, diiferent sets of apartments) for your campaign. I think all the pagses of website offer different serives so choose most relevant landing page for each ad group or ad text. 

Hope this will help,

Dinesh
My Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Michel;

If you use the search box for "double serving", you'll find many discussions on that. Google is very tough on "one account - one business" policy.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's just it, I cannot do that unless I split relevant keywords between multiple Ad Groups.

Would be great if I could set keywords at the campain level but as it is at present I can  only set "negative keywords" at campain level.

Just to make things clearer, some of those condo projects are blocks appart in some cases... This hardly account for wide array of possible "different keywords"...

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

If you want to use the same keywords for different condo projects pages you can:

1. Try several ads under the same AdGroup and in the ad rotation settings choose: "Rotate: Show ads more evenly"
  2. I would aslo recommend you to try the Sitelinks feature so you could let the user choose the right conodo project.

Good Luck,

Asaf

Re: Run a separate campaign for each projetct

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Michel;

Why won't you try a separate campaign for each project?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
My suggestions and based on previous accounts I have handled you would be best to put a default positive keyword list (those consistant throughout the account) at campaign level and then within each ad group place your more specific keywords.

Also as mentioned above it is best practice to always place ads on standard rotation and use site links.

There are a number of ways it could run effectively and may require a little testing.

I am happy to offer any extra support you may require

Regards
Luigi
Luigi Raw

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You CANNOT put positive keywords at the campaign level (only negative one)... Each "positive" keyword has to be assigned to an ad group

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

This is the point where I wish I read what I had put on my phone before hitting send... Bad news for someone in my position...

The more general keywords would be placed in a seperate AdGroup to the more specific ones. This would mean that all search queries that are specific would be highly targeted and the more generic ones would just show a generic ad. 

As I did state previously there are a number of ways you could structure the account using either campaigns or AdGroups but using the same keywords accross Campaigns generally has a negative effect (campaigns competing against each other).

Regards and appologies for the previous mistake. Man Embarassed

Luigi

Luigi Raw

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Michael,

It looks like you are wanting to advertise specific properties with AdWords, rather than advertise your agency.

I had an idea, and I really don't know whether it is a good one. Have you considered opening a Google Merchant account? You could upload your inventory there, and link the Merchant account to your AdWords account and ad Product Extensions to your campaign. Within each AdGroup, you can apply a filter that would display only the selected properties with the ad group.

There is no guarantee the properties would be shown. The product extension will usually on appear with top position ads. But if you have a top position ad, this might help.

BEst of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords