AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple DKI tags in one ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys, new to the community here! 

I was just wondering if it is possible to have more than one DKI within the ad body as well as maybe the title too but show different things (or maybe a better way to get the same kind of effect)? Such as some one looking for a particular type of service within their area... 

...for example...

Ad title {keyword: Product}

Looking for {keyword: Product} 

in {keyword:Location}

example.com

Now I have typed that out it seems like a stupid question... 

Appreciate any ideas,

Telf

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Telf_himself
September 2015

Re: Multiple DKI tags in one ad

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello, Telf_himself.

As you probably know, during each search on Google, an auction is performed, and for each account that bids for a keyword matching that search term one keyword and one bid are chosen.

It's technically impossible for the system to choose two keywords and insert them in the ad. I'm afraid you'll have to combine static text with DKI in order to achieve what you'd like (in case it's a possibility). But selecting more than one keyword per auction is not impossible.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Telf,

Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

As per Google notes quote below:

You can use the keyword insertion code multiple times within an ad and across several ads at once.

So, answer would be yes, but make sure that you follow the rules how to use it and read the advertising policies effectively because this is an advanced method of implementation across Adwords account. So for a beginner, I would surely recommend reading this article and adhering to all advertising policies before using it.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Pankaj,

Yeah I read a lot about them, both on Google and various other forums, blogs etc. etc. and I have been using the DKI in a seperate ad group, testing it against some other ads to see its effectivness. 

Will the ad be able to pull out multiple different keywords and insert them? or will they all be the same? 

Telf

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Telf_himself
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello, Telf_himself.

As you probably know, during each search on Google, an auction is performed, and for each account that bids for a keyword matching that search term one keyword and one bid are chosen.

It's technically impossible for the system to choose two keywords and insert them in the ad. I'm afraid you'll have to combine static text with DKI in order to achieve what you'd like (in case it's a possibility). But selecting more than one keyword per auction is not impossible.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah i thought as much! in that case, it would probably be better to have the Location as the DKI and then have the ads contain the keywords i want to be found for.

Thanks for your help guys Smiley Happy

Telf

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi Telf,

AdWiser is correct -- only one keyword will get inserted.  If you use the tags multiple times, the same one will get inserted more than once.  But you're not the first one to request multiple types of insertion in one ad (e.g. product, location, weather, phase of the moon, ....) and it's definitely something we're thinking about.

Laura

AdWords engineer