2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple Accts leads to Suspension, but we only have 1

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a new account, we just got it funded on Friday and today is Monday, over the weekend google sent us this message

Your Google AdWords account has been suspended because your business maintains multiple AdWords accounts simultaneously serving ads for similar or related keywords and/or businesses. If you think this suspension was made in error, please contact us though this form

The only problem is we only know of one account.  We have some people working at the beginning of the year that may have set up an acct w/o us knowning or documenting it.  Google won't talk to us on the phone so we have no way of knowing what this 2nd account is.  We've contacted them but no luck.

Any Ideas, thanks

Ted 

5 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Multiple Accts leads to Suspension - Double serving Policy

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 19
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Moshe and Sq,

I noticed that you guys have delved into a somewhat subsidiary subsidiary issue here that I would like to speak to. I think it's important to differentiate between the different kinds of policy concerns, as they are quite different from each other in scope. 

Site Policy

Site policy takes into account the actual content of the website itself. Policies such as User Safety, Information Harvesting, etc. are all predicated upon the content and context of the website. While policy issues with a website can have subsequent effects on an account, the primary aspect of the policy issue remains on the domain level.

Account, Ad, and Terms of Service Policy

These sorts of policies are specific to an account and the actions that an account administer has taken. Whether it is advertising for a certain site, writing certain ad content, or arranging an account in a certain way, all of these decisions have an effect on the account's standing. 

How this Affects your Discussion of Site Ownership

It would be very difficult for an advertiser to have a negative affect on another person's account simply through a shared website relationship because they would have no way of making changes to the website itself. Because of that, any policy issues that that person caused would have to be account policy issues specific to only their account. This, essentially, helps prevents actions of that advertiser from affecting the actual advertiser of the site because there is no shared policy issue (the site and other person's account would, presumably, remain compliant and in good standing). 

While there are many factors that go into how accounts are seen as being in relation to each other, the differentiation between site and account level policy helps mitigate conflicting interest cases, such as the one you mentioned, Sq. 

I hope this clears a few things up!

Brian D. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author troot
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 29
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

PPCBossman,

You put that very elequently! While it is easty to get mired in the 'what-ifs,' it is important to note that this thread is primarily about Troot's issue (which is being actively addressed by our support team).

We always encourage discussion and continued understanding of our policies, and we are happy to provide clarification and input when we can. So, if anything from this thread created any questions, I would encourage you to open a new thread about it so that everyone can provide input in an efficient matter. 

Thanks!

Brian D. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author troot
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 30
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Brian:

Thank you so much for all your assistance in resolving the issue.

Best Regards,

T Root

Re: Multiple Accts leads to Suspension, but we only have 1

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Troot,

I'm sorry to learn you are experiencing issues. Since no one in this forum has access to your current and/or former account(s) your best option seems to be to contact Google via the form they specified.

Best,

Lakatos

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Yowzer! First time I heard of an experience with a suspended account for that. What's used to happen is that the accounts would get tied to each other, and only one could show ad for each query.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

@troot - I'm sorry, this is very unfortunate and good luck in getting thing sorted out!

For any interested parties here is a link to the policy and yet another version in the Certification Help area.

"To protect trust in Google, and to provide a quality experience for our advertisers and our users, the double-serving policy is strictly enforced."

Google is quite tough on this rule.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Troot - you called Google and they wont talk to you?  Did you enter your account number and get a recorded message saying you are suspended?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes... that is exactly what happened. I can't get throught o anyone to explain the mix up

Re: Multiple Account resulted in suspension

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

troot;

Read this discussion - it will clarify the issue a bit;

http://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Community-lounge/Account-is-permanently-suspended/m-p/14678/h...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Multiple Account resulted in suspension

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

troot:

If you were suspended for having multiple accounts, and you don't know who created the other account, there are two obvious possibilities - another employee at your company also experimenting with adwords, or a competitor creating an account for you with the deliberate intent of getting you banned.

Whichever one it is, it sounds like it's moot, if they won't talk to you.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Troot,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with contacting support! It sounds, based on the information you provided from your email, that your account has been suspended in connection with another suspended account. As others have states, this may be due to an account you or a fellow-employee opened up previously.

The best option will be to get in touch with support. Have you tried emailing support? What options are provided for you when you select 'Contact AdWords' in the upper-right hand corner of this page? 

I hoping that we can get you in touch with one of our support team!

Thanks,

Brian D.

Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello,

I have an idea - hoping your keywords auto tagging is switched on you could run analytics to display any marketing stats the URL is picking up at the moment.

Google does not "ignore" users with such issues. They have ways of checking the CIDs attached to each URL and could possibly disclose this to you (No Guarantee).
Try to call or e-mail again.

A good point to mention here (even though I back all Google decisions) is how a user can be held responsible for multiple advertised sites when methods like those available in Google Apps are not utilised to verify ownership of a URL.

What stops competitors with malicious intent from using a URL to feed negative historical data into Googles AdWords system?

No method to check if your URL is actually being advertised or verifying ownership is equivelent to blaming a blind man for bumping into you in my opinion.

Your automated email does not look similar to those received by "suspended for related accounts". However, I would go by what the Google Employee responded with above -» he probs knows best.