AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Much Higher Max CPC than average, should I bring it down?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, 

In some display campaigns I've come to notice that my max CPC is much higher than average cpc. My question here is: If I lower the max cpc to still be higher than the average, will anything change? For example if my max CPC was $13 and the average cpc was $2. What would change by dropping my max CPC to say $6? Anything?

Any insight would be great. Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Much Higher Max CPC than average, should I bring it down?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Casey P,

You're talking about averages, come are higher and some are lower. The UI doesn't tell you what the high or low values are, so you'd be guessing at the high value. You risk eliminating or lowering the ad position where your Max CPC bid is lower than the previous Actual CPC. In your example, you could lose the impressions where previous actual CPC was over $6.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Much Higher Max CPC than average, should I bring it down?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Casey P,

You're talking about averages, come are higher and some are lower. The UI doesn't tell you what the high or low values are, so you'd be guessing at the high value. You risk eliminating or lowering the ad position where your Max CPC bid is lower than the previous Actual CPC. In your example, you could lose the impressions where previous actual CPC was over $6.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords