Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Moving campaign to new account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I'm new to AdWords but have been tasked with sorting out an account for my company. Basically, someone previously set up this account to manage all campaigns from a variety of different clients. Of course, this is a huge mistake. One of the clients now wants control over their AdWords but we can't give them access to the whole account because it contains data for other clients!

As I understand it, to give them the campaign I must:

* Export the campaign with AdWords Editor
* Edit it in Excel
* Import it to a new account and hand control over to the client
* Delete the campaign from the original account

My questions are as follows:
* Are the above steps correct?
* Will I have to set up the billing information for the new account before moving the campaign?
* Is any information lost when transferring a campaign?
* Are there any risks I should be aware of?

Any help much appreciated!!

Thanks! 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Warning: AdWords interface instructions or screenshots in this thread may be out of date as we move to the new AdWords experience.

LEARN MORE

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Moving campaign to new account

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

1. You can open old account with adwords editor

2. Copy campaign

3. Open new account

4. Paste it

There is no need for excel and all

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Adding to the theniks.

Select the campaign in Adwords editor use ctrl+C in the old account

Go to the new account Use Ctrl+V

As i don't see the the copy option when i use mouse right click

Raghu

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

I just want to bring it in your notice that you will lost all your stats when u copy and start all over at a new account.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Just to add to what Neha said, as you would lose all the data from the old account, it would make sense to download all the reports from the Adwords interface so that you can use those as a reference point to gauge whether your new account is performing better than the old one or not.

Regards,

Nikhil 

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I dont think that you will loose the stats in the old account. But the stats will not carried to the new account. You can review the account performance at any time you want. 

My suggestion it to pause the campaigns instead of deleting the campaigns in the old account. In future if you find the conversions are getting dropped in your new account you can immediately pause the campaigns in new account and activate the same in the old account.

Hope this helps

Raghu

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
  • No, I meant you will not get stats to new account. And as the purpose of GLaDOS is to transfer campaign to his client. I am sure client will ask for statistical history too.
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor Alumni
# 8
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

Very good point fromNehaGupta,

You wont be able to port campaign data to new account for performence of the campaign.

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Everyone,

Now we can export and import data from google editor 9.7.1 just follow below steps....

1. Click on file > Export spreadsheet (CSV) > Export Whole Acoount > download that file and save it.

2. Make new account or just transfer that file to your client.

3. Open your new account in editor.

4. Click on file > Import CSV > From file select that particular file which you exported >Post all the changes to that particular account/campaign.

As simple as that...

Regards

-Vicky

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Are u sure?? If it really works then before applying above steps i think one needs to download whole account statistics in adowrds editor. Right?

Thanks Neha