2.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Moving a campaign between accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm the sole PPC manager at an agency that formerly hosted all their campaigns under one account. I'm trying to reorganize and move campaigns to new accounts, but I can't. 

I know you can Edit>Copy the campaign and Edit>Paste under another account.

Any ideas to why it's blocking me?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Moving a campaign between accounts

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @TG S,

I would first set up a free AdWords Manager account, then add any/all account to it, then move things around from there. This help file will provide more insight on the manager account system.

Kind Regards,

James

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi TG S,

Check if you have admin or Read/Write access to the account you are trying to copy the campaigns into. Normally, such issues are caused due to permissions granted to email ids and individually.

Also, lastly I just wanted to let you know that shifting of campaigns within accounts is fairly easy with the AdWords Editor, If you are not already using it, please give it a try.
Download the campaign in an excel sheet and then just upload it to the required account.

Here is a video I had worked on that may help you with this: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Videos/Adwords-Editor-Tips-and-Tricks/ba-p/543763

Hope this Helps!

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
HI TGS,

you can use Adwords Editor to do that

regards,

Zaby