AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Moving a campaign between accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm the sole PPC manager at an agency that formerly hosted all their campaigns under one account. I'm trying to reorganize and move campaigns to new accounts, but I can't. 

I know you can Edit>Copy the campaign and Edit>Paste under another account.

Any ideas to why it's blocking me?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Moving a campaign between accounts

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @TG S,

I would first set up a free AdWords Manager account, then add any/all account to it, then move things around from there. This help file will provide more insight on the manager account system.

Kind Regards,

James

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi TG S,

Check if you have admin or Read/Write access to the account you are trying to copy the campaigns into. Normally, such issues are caused due to permissions granted to email ids and individually.

Also, lastly I just wanted to let you know that shifting of campaigns within accounts is fairly easy with the AdWords Editor, If you are not already using it, please give it a try.
Download the campaign in an excel sheet and then just upload it to the required account.

Here is a video I had worked on that may help you with this: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Videos/Adwords-Editor-Tips-and-Tricks/ba-p/543763

Hope this Helps!

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
HI TGS,

you can use Adwords Editor to do that

regards,

Zaby