6.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

More problems with geographical targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, I've been over the posts and done what they suggest but still running into problems. I am targetting the Dallas-Fort Worth area. This includes towns in Texas with names like Nevada. When I run a keyword diagnostic or when I hover over the status of the keyword I get a pop up saying the keyword isn't being matched because it is outside my targeted geographic area. So, I tried excluding Nevada - the state - in the geo targeting options but the word is still not being shown because it's outside my geotargted area - any suggestions?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: More problems with geographical targeting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi informavore7,

That's a tough question. I suggest you use Nevada, TX or Nevada, Texas as keywords.

I did a quick search on Nevada and Nevada, TX. The search for Nevada returned (on the first page) only items about the state. The search for Nevada, TX returns only items about Nevada, TX.

In order for users to find out anything about Nevada, TX, they will need to enter the state also, even if the query is initially Nevada.

But you might get hit with the "Low search volume" warning.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

informavore7

Have you tries to target by zip-code?

Otherwise, as Pete suggested, you'll have to target by intent (using Nevada TX as a keyword)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi informavore7,

That's a tough question. I suggest you use Nevada, TX or Nevada, Texas as keywords.

I did a quick search on Nevada and Nevada, TX. The search for Nevada returned (on the first page) only items about the state. The search for Nevada, TX returns only items about Nevada, TX.

In order for users to find out anything about Nevada, TX, they will need to enter the state also, even if the query is initially Nevada.

But you might get hit with the "Low search volume" warning.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

informavore7

Have you tries to target by zip-code?

Otherwise, as Pete suggested, you'll have to target by intent (using Nevada TX as a keyword)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, those are both good ideas. I'll try them out.