6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

More clicks than views

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I got a search query with more clicks than views. Google shouldnt count double clicks and charge for that, dont you think?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: More clicks than views

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, welcome to the Community.

For what time period are you viewing these stats?  It's not really a good idea to look at any stats less than 24 hours old and personally I don't make any decisions on anything less than 48 hours old.  If you're looking at data for "today" you may well find some discrepancies like this.

That said if someone does click your Ad more than once, if Google recognises the behaviour as malicious - a so-called "invalid click" then you'll be refunded the cost of any such clicks so you won't be charged.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

You can also read some explanations provided in this article

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Abnormal-Statistics/ba-p/48558

Once I noticed a 900% CTR but after 5-6 hours in normalized to less than 100% and I had 13 invalid clicks counted in the Dimensions tab.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi, the data is from last year. I discovered it when going through an old campaign. That means the statistics will not change, and that Google does not detect it as faulty, which, in my opinion, all double clicks should be.