1.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

More clicks than Impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Several weeks ago I noticed that the same person had clicked my ad eleven times over a period of about 4 hours during the afternnon, and that I was charged for all eleven clicks. When I checked the "geographic user locations" in "dimensions", it was the same person, and it showed eleven clicks but only one impression.

Yesterday the same thing happened again, but this time it was four clicks and only one impression. I was charged for all four clicks.

So I would like to ask if there is any way for me to prevent this from happeneing in the future. Yes I know that I can block the IP address, but only after the damage has already been done.

Also, if there is only one impression, the person must be clicking the same ad impression again and again, and blocking the IP won't help because the ad being clicked is already visible.

So is there anything I can do to prevent this from continuing to happen.

Thanks
Billy W

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Billy W
April 2016

Re: More clicks than Impressions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Billy W,

There are few reasons described on this link about why you are receiving more clicks than impressions.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375444?hl=en

You may get more clicks than impressions but You won’t be charged for more than two clicks per ad impressions.

And If AdWords find that invalid clicks have escaped automatic detection, you may be eligible to receive a credit for those clicks. These credits are called "invalid activity" adjustments.

Please check your billing tab to find invalid activity adjustments there.

Deepak

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Billy W
April 2016

Re: More clicks than Impressions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Billy W,

There are few reasons described on this link about why you are receiving more clicks than impressions.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375444?hl=en

You may get more clicks than impressions but You won’t be charged for more than two clicks per ad impressions.

And If AdWords find that invalid clicks have escaped automatic detection, you may be eligible to receive a credit for those clicks. These credits are called "invalid activity" adjustments.

Please check your billing tab to find invalid activity adjustments there.

Deepak