AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Monthly spend limit and determining how well an ad is working for the time slots selected.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having difficulties with your daily averaging method. If I am trying to determine how well an ad works based on the click it receive, your boosting an ads budget for a daily spend by 20% skews my results and makes it impossible to full evaluate my ads pulling power. My real question is when will you be allowing people to control their period spends (whether it's a day week mother or other). This is something Adwords use to provide. Back in the day before these current changes, you could provide a real daily limit and a real period spending limit and a real end date. Your method is good for Google but not always good for the client.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Monthly spend limit and determining how well an ad is working for the time slots selected.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Hector,

This is a much-requested feature. Larger clients tend to have a fixed amount allocated to advertising and they want to spend precisely that every month.

The more activity your account has the easier it is to achieve using daily budgets. For some large accounts, we just manually tweak the budgets on the last couple of days of the month.

For small accounts, where sometimes you get 2 clicks a day, and sometimes 5, what works best is to have a daily budget higher than your monthly budget/30, and set an automated rule to pause your campaign when your monthly budget is reached - you can get an email when this happens. Then you manually restart the campaign at the start of the next month. The negative is that on some days at the end of the month the ads won't be running, but that shouldn't matter too much.

The other option is run a script. They work best when each campaign has its own monthly budget, rather than having an overall budget.