AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Modified broad keyword and 3rd party tracking software question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The tracking software I'm using is only showing me the keyword that the visitors triggered but doesn't show me the search term the visitor queried. 

I'm using Prosper202 and will eventually be moving over to CPVLab.

I am able to view the keywords in the search term reports generated in the Google Adwords platform but I would like to transfer that information over to my 3rd party tracking software

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Modified broad keyword and 3rd party tracking software question

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

You might have a better chance of getting specifically useful advice if you contact your 3rd party software company and ask them how to solve this situation. 

Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Re: Modified broad keyword and 3rd party tracking software question

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Kenneth,

I would agree with Theresa, that's a question for the vendor. I would point out here that the search terms associated with a keyword that triggered an impression are hidden away pretty well in Analytics as well. There's a trick to doing it. It was complicated and I did it long enough back I don't even remember how I did it.

The inherent problem with tracking the actual search queries is secure search. In this case, no one but Google can figure out what the search query was. The referrer data with the query will be encrypted or missing altogether.

The search terms report in the AdWords interface is really your best bet at the most complete data.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords