Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile exclusion but not for placements

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Pleasz, i've set up a campaign on display, with bid adjustments settings on mobile device with - 100 %. So , it means that i don't want to show my ads on mobile. Right ?
When i see the reports on automatic placements, mainly are  placements on mobile apps !

Your opinion 'd be greatly appreciated..

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Mobile exclusion but not for placements

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Garguier,

==========================

Pleasz, i've set up a campaign on display, with bid adjustments settings on mobile device with - 100 %. So , it means that i don't want to show my ads on mobile. Right ?

Yes it means your ads are not eligible to appear on the Mobile device but it does not means that your ads not appear on tablet device. You will get the traffic from tablet device.

=================================

When i see the reports on automatic placements, mainly are  placements on mobile apps !

This is because your ads appear on the tablet devices. and hoping you have already excluded the adsenseformobileapps.com from your campaigns.

Hope your doubt is cleared!

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Garguier,

Yes it means your ads are not eligible to appear on the Mobile device but it does not means that your ads not appear on tablet device. You will get the traffic from tablet device.

=================================

This is because your ads appear on the tablet devices. and hoping you have already excluded the adsenseformobileapps.com from your campaigns.

Hope your doubt is cleared!

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

You see mobile placements for a single reason -  when a user opens a website on mobile and if that website has no mobile version, then the full desktop version appears over there. But google tries to deliver wap ads or mobile ads. This leads to placements which are mainly unknown and cannot be understood.

You have already been answered on this Link.

The major question is are they eating up a lot of your costs? If so, then look at talking to Google Team here. But what I have seen they dont eat a lot of costs nor impressions. Remember machines are automated so are the softwares. They run on validated codes and flows. There might be glitches with them somewhere or the other. Such cases you can do nothing,except bidding negative on adwords and excluding placements.

Hope this helps manhappy:

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Tks Rakesh and ChetanP..

@RAKESHi did'nt think about tablets.. Smiley Frustrated tks..

So the best way is to exclude manually placements referring to apps..

@ChetanP 

You have already been answered on this Link. : not on the fact i 'm referring about (after exclusions, keep showing with new placements)

The major question is are they eating up a lot of your costs? = yes ! for nothing, useless really.